PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping together

Kazz
12-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Oaky this is a straight forward question.

Do your cats curl up together? I ask because my two used to when kittens/young cats now over the last 10-15 years I have noticed a decline in lying together well close together.

They lie on my double bed together but not close to each other, same with the sofa's and rug in front of the fire.
The only time they come together well within paw range of each other is when one of them is poorly or under the weather then they curl up together and even wash each other but other than that - they couldn't touch each other with a barge pole. Although they get on fine apart from minor skirmishes - over nothing.:roll:

So do yours sleep together and has that altered over the years?

Moli
12-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Oliver and Casper sleep together, but Merlin and Leo sleep seperately, Merlin prfers to sleep with the dogs!!

Jac
12-11-2005, 01:11 PM
My two sleep apart juring the day but at night they curl up together and snuggle in. It really looks like they are cuddleing one an other.

Luke
12-11-2005, 01:14 PM
well CLementine and wee Elsa have now taken to sleeping together the dogs usually join them too :)

Kazz
12-11-2005, 01:15 PM
But have they changed with age? do they become so certain of the other "being there" that they don't need to reaffirm their link? Thats what I sometimes think they come together in times of illness/off colour and danger - ie another cat encroaching on their territory - which rarely happens as they have the dogs to do their defening now :roll:

Karen

Mags
12-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I've only ever had one cat at a time so I've no answer to this one but just wanted to say I think it is so cute when they cuddle up together....

Fran
12-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Maud, Claude and Clooney all cuddle up together but they are all quite young. Sylvester used to cuddle up to Gizmo before we had to have him pts but won't cuddle up to any of the others...Matilda has never allowed any to cuddle up to her :roll: and Lucky keeps herself to herself...bless her although she does tolerate sleeping beside Maud, Claude and Clooney

PaulaB
12-11-2005, 04:07 PM
All mine snuggle up together, though Socks is only allowed to snuggle to his mum's bum. It just is how they feel like it sometimes seperate sometimes together, but if its night shift its all on me in the morning I have to rush to the bed to get any room!!!!!!

Mags
12-11-2005, 04:29 PM
The joys of owning cats Paula !:roll: :lol: :lol: