PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Sox

Naomi
10-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Let the cats out as usual this morning but when I got back form school only Moli was about. I called Sox but he was no where to be found.

Moli has been meowing nearly all the time :( I've been calling him but still no sign of him. I phoned hubby to tell him and he was gonna check his van just in case Sox decided to hitch a lift to work in the back of the van.

dinahsmum
10-11-2005, 12:44 PM
..............Coz you're upset Nae. :(

Kittens are little b*gg*ers for wandering off. Somebody speaks to them and they follow, a leaf tempts him and he hunts it round the corner and realises he's out of his own territory........etc.

He might be in the van, he might be off having an adventure. Sounds like you may have an interesting afternoon walking round, calling his name and asking people to look out for him.

Good luck, hope (and expect) everything will be OK

EmmaG
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Good luck!! I hope he comes home soon

Luke
10-11-2005, 12:51 PM
hope he comes back ok Nae, im sure he will turn up they usually do when hungry :)

Moli
10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
He is probably sitting watching you!!!

dinahsmum
10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Pop some used litter outside Nae - so he can get the scent if he's nearby but can't quite get his bearings. (Or move the whole box out if it's not raining)

Fran
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh Nae :( ....any sign of Sox yet??

yola
10-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Nae - you must be worried . . . keep looking, I'm sure Sox is somewhere close by but maybe something spooked him and he's scared to come out?

Naomi
10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
No sign of him yet and it's pouring down with rain here. He doesn't normally wander off he lkes to stick close to Moli but we have had a couple of huge black tom's in our garden this morning when I came home from school so whether they ahve frightened him off I don't know.

Hubby has checked the van and there's no sign of him there either. If someone has found him I hope they ahve the brains to have him scaned as he's microchipped. He's probably curled up infront of some old dear's fire :)

Will be going out earlier than usual to go and collect the kids to see if I can find him in any of the back streets. I hope he comes home soon :(

Mags
10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I hope Sox returns home soon Nae, maybe he is sheltering from the rain......

Naomi
10-11-2005, 02:41 PM
He normally hides up under the car and as soon as i open the back door he's there like a shot.

If he's not home by the time I go to pick the kids up from school I'll take a poster round to my local corner shop and ask them to put it up for me or should I leave it till tomorrow?

Fran
10-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Have you or any of your neighbours got any outbuildings/sheds/garages where he could have sheltered from the rain and got locked in Nae?

Mags
10-11-2005, 02:55 PM
It won't hurt to put it up today Nae.....if Sox turns up it is no trouble to get it taken down again is it......

Naomi
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
All my neighbours are in work at the moment.

That's the last time I leave hubby to lock up in the morning :roll: I asked hubby if he had been in the shed this morning just incase Sox had been locked in there but he hadn't.

CathyW
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
hope he comes home soon a worrying time for you.

Naomi
10-11-2005, 05:23 PM
My vets have logged him as Missing so if anyone brings him in he they know who he belongs to.

I've out a poster up in my local shop and spoken to a few neighbours to see if they have seen but nobody has. Hopefully he'll be home very soon cos it's nearly tea time.

I'll keep you updated

borderdawn
10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Only just seen this, I hope he comes home quickly. You know what the "boys" are like, probably having a ball with his mates.
Dawn.

Moli
10-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Hope he is home soon, maybe a daft question, but he couldn't have got shut in inside, in a cupboard of something?

Mags
10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that he turns up Nae......

Jac
10-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Any sign of him yet? Just found ths thread. If he isnt home may be worth phoning the cats protection , sspca and local police. He's probably dry and warm though. Do you have a shed, coal bunker, green house ect?

Naomi
10-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Nope still no sign of him :(

Moli has been crying most of the day. When I open the back door to call for Sox she comes outside and starts meowing really loudly as if she's calling him too. I'll phone the local RSPCA, Cats Protection places in the morning if he's not home by then :(

Jac
10-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh I'm so sorry but having been in your situation not long ago, I'm sure he will turn up. I know this is probably a daft question. But is there no way he could have sneeked in? I found Purrdie under my bed, and I was convinced she was outside! Just a thought

Naomi
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I've tried everywhere, under the kids bed's, under the kids duvet's, in their wardrobes, under our bed. I even pulled all the wellies off the welly rack but nothing.

When he get's home I'm not sure whether i'm gonna hug him or throttle him :roll:

yola
10-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Sweetie I really feel for you!!

Get the word around with the neighbours. This happened to a colleague of mine with one of his kittens and it turned out a local kid had kit-napped the puss coz he thought it was cute!!

Moli
10-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Any news about Sox's ???

EmmaG
10-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Any news about Sox's ???

Ditto ??????

Az
11-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Are there any houses with garages close-by? Cats get locked in them sometimes.. Poor mite - hope he gets home safe and sound.

Mags
11-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi Nae! Is there any news of Sox this morning?

Naomi
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Still no Sox, nobody has seen him either but they are keeping an eye out for me :(

It's Moli I'm feeling sorry for she looks so lost and lonely without him and very rarely moves from my side.

EmmaG
11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Oh no...you must be so worried Naomi :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for his safe return.

Moli
11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Can't help thinking someone has taken him in Nae, really hope you find him today..............

Mags
11-11-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm so sorry there has been no news Nae. I'm wondering now if someone has taken him in as they are so appealing at that age. Poor Moli, she must miss him alot. Lets hope people read your notice and it jogs someone's memory....{{{{hugs}}}}

Naomi
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm gonna go into town later and enroute I'll be knocking doors to see if anyone has seen him. I'm gonna take a photo of him with me and see if one of the shops and the pet shops in town can put a poster up for me aswell.

Luke
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
ooh i hope he turns up soon Nae, its so upsetting when they set off on their travels

Moli
11-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Thoughts and "Hug"s with you Nae............Patxx

Fran
11-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Thinking of you Nae.....I know how heartbreaking it is when they go missing :( Hope you get some good news today x

deester
11-11-2005, 11:39 AM
How awful for you - If you can make up some little leaflets with a pic asking people to check garages and sheds and post them it may help, also spreading the cat litter in your garden is supposed to be good the scent can travel for miles and help him find home. Wish you the best of luck in finding him, i know how it feels.

borderdawn
11-11-2005, 11:44 AM
This was the first place I read this morning and I was hoping he was home. I bet he's tucked up somewhere with some "do-gooder" lets hope he gets back home today.
Dawn.

Het
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
aww darn, I was sure he would be back by now.I'm sure he will turn up today, they have such a good sense of direction, even if he has wandered off course he will find his way home I'm sure. Fingers crossed for him and you
X Het

dinahsmum
11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
:( :( :(
Ohhhhhh, fingers crossed for you Nae. Don't despair.
Mini got herself lost for 3 days - she was up a tree! We did the leaflet drop round all the houses etc and it worked.
xx

CathyW
11-11-2005, 12:18 PM
has he been done?? i was told that a un-nutered male can travel up to 7 miles to go *courting* a female.
hope he comes home soon.

dinahsmum
11-11-2005, 12:25 PM
He's only a little chap Cathy - too young for that sort of thing but may well be up for a bit of following somebody interesting and losing his sense of direction.

CathyW
11-11-2005, 02:40 PM
He's only a little chap Cathy - too young for that sort of thing but may well be up for a bit of following somebody interesting and losing his sense of direction.poor little baby do really hope he finds his way home shortly.

Naomi
11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
He's only 13 weeks old Cathy

Still no sign of him, I've phoned vets outside of my area too just in case.

I've put posters up in all the local shops and stopped to chat to some workmen to see if they had seen him but nothing :(

I bought Moli a nice pink collar with a bell and some toys to keep her occupied but she's got very clingy and hates to be left alone :( I hope someone has taken him in and he's nice and warm.

Donna
11-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Just seen this - hope he turns up soon.

To cheer you up, my Misty went missing one day when she was a kitten. I was so worried when it got dark and she didnt come home.

The next day I printed off lots of leaflets and posters and put a picture of her on them and posted them all round my local area. After delivering all the leaflets I had a few calls to say Misty had been spotted. After running down to the area me and my daughter were walking along a back alley calling her name and my daughter heard a feint miaow. We kept calling and calling and then we saw her stuck in someone's garden. She couldnt get out of the garden.

Eventually we got her out and took her home - she has never ventured far again.

I hope this gives you some hope x

Naomi
11-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am just so worried about him

Donna
11-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I know how upset you must be - I couldnt stop crying x

Jeanette
11-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh no Nae:-(

I hope he is okay and will be back home soon.

Poor ickle kitty:-(

Hugs J

Jac
11-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Any word yet???

Naomi
11-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Still nothing, I heared a cat crying outside earlier, it was the quickets I've ever moved in my life :lol: but it wasn't Sox it was a black cat that hangs around here :(

Het
11-11-2005, 08:08 PM
He'll be back, I'm sure of it Naomi. These boys are ratchers but they always come home

Naomi
12-11-2005, 09:55 AM
He's still not home but it's a lovely day here so he might venture out if he's been sheltering from the wet.

Jeanette
12-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh Nae:-(

I do hope he'll be home soon...

I dont know what I'd do, if it were Oliver who had gone walk-abouts...

Mags
12-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Stay positive Nae....he's got to be out there somewhere....

Moli
12-11-2005, 10:57 AM
I lost my Siamese Sam a few years ago, put posters up, went round all the farms, and 2 weeks later got a call from a farmer, he had seen him i his barn, went up took me a hour to find him, but I did find him, He had got in a corn field and lost his bearings, I also put a bit in the local paper. and on the local radio station...I really didn't think I would see him again...
Really hope he come home Nae, or someone has him and see's your posters....

Fran
12-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Really hope you have news today Nae...you must be going out of your mind with worry :( Have you knocked on all the doors in the local area?

CathyW
12-11-2005, 11:45 AM
ive got a feeling hes tucked up nice n cosy in some old girls house,being spoilt rotton,the reason why she hasnt seen your posters yet is cause shes not due to get her pension ,did u put a poster up in the loacal post office??
come home sox your mums missing you.

Naomi
12-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Didn't do the post office, I'll do that on Monday.

There were some men doing some building work on a couple of houses in the street so I've asked them to keep and eye open for him just incase he's got in amongst the building supplies. Gonna go out again later and put some more posters up. The kids school have said I can put a poster up in there. The kids bles 'em have been asking all their friends if they have seen our kitten

Kazz
12-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Any news yet?

It must be heartbreaking - I have never really "lost" any of mine - touch wood. Oscar used to go for wanders but always came back after 10-12 hours I then discovered he was lying in the long grass of the empty house 4 doors away:roll: so much for being an "explorer":-D

Cleo has never gone far locked in cupboards in the house - yes outside - no.

Hope he comes home soon - he's so young. The cat liter idea is a good one though.

Karen

Jac
12-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Nae
Have you put out his litter tray? Also may be worth putting out some nice smelly food ie sardines or tuna.
Dont know what else to suggest. My heart goes out to you though, for what it's worth I am thinking about you and your wee boy.

Luke
12-11-2005, 01:07 PM
awww Nae i was hoping he would be home now, dont give up Clementine was gone for a week, and an old tom of ours dissapeared for a few weeks when he was kitten, so never give up hope

Naomi
12-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanx guys, I've put any used cat litter in a carrier bag and left it by the back door. I left some food out yesterday but Moli went out and ate it instead :roll:

I've been a bit nervous about letting Moli out but she sits by the back door crying. I let her out but leave the back door open so she can come and go as she pleases. If she decides to stay in then I close the door. I'm just worried about her going wandering aswell now to try and find her brother :(

Jac
12-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh Nae,
I can truley undertand how you must be feeling/ Just a thought, you said there were workmen up the street. Do you think it may be possible he's jumped in one of there vans? If you know the contractors name you could give them a call. Ask if anyone has found him. If you dont know there name ask a neighbour? Sorry if that sounds a daft idea but just a thought

Naomi
12-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Right now I'm open to any suggestions. My mind is so muddled that I'm not thinking of half the stuff you lot have.

Heaven help me in a 'real' crisis, I'd be flammin useless

Het
12-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Thats a real good idea Jac, last year the school across the road had wormen in during the holidays and they kept finding Max curled up in the back of their van - luckily I had been across when they first arrived and asked them to keep an eye out for him. They even found him in their portaloo one day!!!

Its still early days yet Naomi, so don't get too downhearted, he'll be back soon, starving hungry and wondering what all the fuss is about

Kazz
12-11-2005, 06:25 PM
I've been thinking about this all afternoon and think that the following list might be the right sort of places to post posters saying he's lost;

Parks or places that people walk dogs - most people who like dogs would look out for a cat in their area.
Vets.
Doctor's surgeries
Post Offices
Supermarkets.
Any local shop especially a corner shop where they sell papers locals stand,
Have you got something like pet seach in your area?
Cats protection groups.
Ask your postman - to mention to people you have lost a cat.
Hairdressers - especially women's (you know how we chat)
Mention it to your dustbin men - they will go to most places we might not.

Also try your local radio station - have you a local BBC station if so on there.

And anyone known locally to "rescue cats/dogs/animals"
Karen

samwise
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
I am sorry Sox hasnt turned up yet!!
I will keep everything crossed for you all!

Naomi
13-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Still no sign of him but we are sure he will turn up sooner or later. Hubby's gone out in his van today after I searched it looking for Sox. He's gonna keep and eye out aswell.

I've done a few more posters to put out and about. I've put an advert in the local AdTrader. Gonna contact my local radio station aswell later. It's only 10mins up the road from me.

Thanx so much guy's

Jeanette
13-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh Sox come on home ickle thing...

dinahsmum
13-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Let's hope Sunday is a good day for people doing non-routine things and finding and returning this little boy.

samwise
13-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Am keeping everything crossed for you and Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran
14-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Any news on Sox Nae?

Naomi
14-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Nope still nothing but I've asked the Tesco's Home Delivery guy to keep an eye out and ask other customer's if they've seen him, I've spoken to the Provident lady and she's gonna ask around for me aswell.

Fran
14-11-2005, 05:43 PM
:( Really thought you might have heard something by now Nae...still got my fingers crossed for you and Sox....

Jac
14-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I was hopeing to read that he's come home! It stil is early days (just doesnt feel like it to you I know) If good wishes could bring him home he'd be back in seconds. Thinking of you both (((((((()))))))) hugs

Mags
14-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Still hoping he finds his way home Nae {{{{hugs}}}}

Naomi
15-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Still nothing and the kids have resigned themselves to the fact that they wont see Sox again.

Both of them have asked for another kitten so they can have one each but I've told them that they need to prove to us that they can care for Moli first, which they seem to be doing altho neither of them will empty the litter tray :roll:

dinahsmum
15-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Still nothing and the kids have resigned themselves to the fact that they wont see Sox again.

Both of them have asked for another kitten so they can have one each but I've told them that they need to prove to us that they can care for Moli first, which they seem to be doing altho neither of them will empty the litter tray :roll:

wont see Sox again :cry: :cry: :cry:
Think you're probably right now Nae - it's been a long while. You must just believe, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, that he has taken himself off and found a new home. They do that. We had a young cat walk in on us when I was a child and despite asking everyone we never found his original home (he was fit and well-fed etc, not a sad stray) so Lucky (what an original name for a black cat! :roll: ) stayed with us for ever.

another kitten - well, your decision. I think I would.

Ahhhh, pets - break your hearts!

Fran
15-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Ohhh Nae....I'm sure there is still time for Sox to turn up. Don't give up hope just yet. I know I still have my fingers crossed....

CathyW
15-11-2005, 01:11 PM
ive had a cat go walkies for a couple of weeks,looked every where for him,and he just came back filthy dirty but he had been eating,found out later he had been staying in the park,
theres still time for him to come back,some ones picked him up sure of it.

Naomi
15-11-2005, 01:56 PM
He went missing last Thursday morning. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has taken him in, being so close to xmas they've prob thought 'Awww cute kitty'

I did read on the side of the Felix kitten food box about someone who lost their cat and they had a phone call form the Cats Protection League to say he had been found. This was after 2 years :shock: He was microchipped so there's hope yet for my baby Sox as he's chipped too :D

CathyW
15-11-2005, 02:16 PM
do u get a local freebee newspaper?? id suggest a call to them maybe with a pic of sox in it.

Fran
15-11-2005, 06:52 PM
do u get a local freebee newspaper?? id suggest a call to them maybe with a pic of sox in it.

Good idea bm!!

samwise
15-11-2005, 07:02 PM
So sorry you havent heard anything yet!!!

kittypaws
17-11-2005, 06:37 PM
He will be around somewhere cats dont go far mabybe to the next street around your next doors garden.Cats tend to hide in the day and come out mostly at night.One of my cats got out just as we got him.We tried alsorts to get him in.He kept running off.In the end we had to borrow a cat trap from the rescue center to catch him.Then a few months after that he got out lucky he knew where his home was and we got him.Put some food out at night hopefully it will be him that eats is.He wont be to far away.Kitty.xx

Naomi
18-11-2005, 10:28 AM
We've done all that kittypaws and there is no sign of him :(

Mags
18-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm beginning to think someone has taken a liking to him Nae and adopted him......I wish they would take time to consider the worry it causes the owners though:roll:

Naomi
18-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I think he has been taken in too. The maddening part, is that he has been microchipped but nobody bother's to get pets scanned or even advertise that they have found a kitten ggrrrrr

Mags
18-11-2005, 12:42 PM
It is such a shame after you take the trouble to get him microchipped....I suppose the only time he is likely to be scanned now is if he has to go to the vet for any reason:(

Naomi
18-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Even then i doubt very much he'll be scanned unless they say he was found. He'll prob be scanned if he's taken into Cats Protection or the RSPCA

John
18-11-2005, 09:29 PM
I have been following the messages naomi and I feel really very sorry for you

Naomi
20-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Thank you John

dinahsmum
20-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Oh Nae - this post keeps coming to the top and every time I see a posting with your name I think - NEWS???????? - but no:(

Please promise you'll start a new thread if you have something to tell us

Fran
20-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm the same DM....everytime I log in and the thread is here, I think he must be back and he is not :(

borderdawn
20-11-2005, 07:47 PM
So sorry he isnt home, I was so hoping by the time I got back from my hols he would be. Dont give up, Cats always surprise us.
Dawn.

Moli
20-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Really hoped like everyone else he was back by now..................