PDA

View Full Version : Scratching

Luke
07-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I need some advice on scratching, Elsa is doing it like mad, my wrists and hands look terrible they have been cut to ribbons, i was laughing with mum earlier i said i look like ive self harmed:roll: now she is starting to get out of hand because she is scratching really deep, any ideas on how to stop her scratching?
anything i cn do to soothe the pain on my hands?

EmmaG
07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
You could try saying "owwww" very loudly to her, or try hissing at her when she starts getting a bit too much

EmmaG
07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Another tip is not to play with her with your hands, always with a toy then she will realise that your hands are not toys.

yola
07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Water bottle to give her a quick squirt when she gets too boistrous? Or thick gloves?

You can also try blowing a gentle puff into her face when she scratches to let her know it's a no-no.

Hope that helps . . .

Mags
07-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Play with her with a toy on string or such like Luke, never with your hands. Throw balls of paper around for her, she will love that too. Remember her claws and teeth are like little needles at this age.

Luke
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, i think its more of her jst getting used to playing, where she was before they basically lived in the study/library with her mum and siblings so i think she just has to learn how to play 'properly'

amts
08-11-2005, 11:50 AM
My advice would be same as puppy biting.
Stop the playing when she gets too rough and encourage and praise wanted behavior :D Worked with my kittens - way back :lol: