PDA

View Full Version : How did you names your?

Luke
06-11-2005, 07:08 PM
I know its probably been done bfore, but i thought i would start a new thread for all the newer members :)
so i was wondering how and why did you gives your cats the names they have?

Clementine as when she was a little she was a very blotchy tortie and ginger parts reminded me of those little oranges things that you get, clementines

Elsa, well twas a toss up between Elsa, Hattie and Mystic. but as soon as she came home i knew Elsa was to be named Elsa. She has the heart of a lion, she may be titchums but if Clementine our one of the dogs do something to peeve her off she gives them a good swat and hiss, she has the braveness of a lion, thus Elsa as in the lion from Born Free :)

Naomi
07-11-2005, 10:30 AM
My 2 came with their names

Emm
07-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I let my OH name our cats because he had never had any pets before so he named them: Lao Tzu, Confucious, Professor and Mencius - he is a Tai Chi teacher and that is where he got his inspiration from :D

Fran
07-11-2005, 12:04 PM
I let my OH name our cats because he had never had any pets before so he named them: Lao Tzu, Confucious, Professor and Mencius - he is a Tai Chi teacher and that is where he got his inspiration from :D

Emm I do love your cats' names :cool:

Mags
07-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Emm I do love your cats' names :cool:
I like them too.....but I would never be able to remember them:roll: :lol:

yola
07-11-2005, 01:23 PM
I love Emm's cat's names too!

My cats:

Baliero (Balie) = hubby's favourite song is Bailero (subtle difference in spelling), from Songs of the Auvergne. Balie is named after that.

Firenza (Fifi) = named after the most beautiful city on earth coz she's a beautiful, chic kitty :roll:

Darcy = originally called Dusty. I didn't feel that suited him (apart form the fact he looks like a big fluffy duster :-D ). I didn't want to change it outright so Darcy is close enough to Dusty not to confuse the little mite!!

CathyW
07-11-2005, 01:56 PM
barnaby was already named,
ronnie n reggie,cause they where not very well behaved when they where kittens :D

amts
08-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Gismo was named by the kids I taught how to ride when working in a stable years ago. They held a competition and voted for names for her :lol:

I let them decide as I had no better suggestions myself and called her cat :?

Moli
08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
As Leo is my son's cat he was named after his birth sign...
Merlin is full of tricks, thats how he got his name....
Oliver is always eating....
Casper..co's I love Casper the friendly ghost!!!