PDA

View Full Version : Cat Carriers

Naomi
04-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I've just invested £10-99 for a cat carrier for my pair.

It's made of plastic, vented all round and also has little hooks so that you can strap it into the car with a seatbelt. Bought it in the local pet shop.

Will put a picture up later.

What kind of carriers do you all use?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/naomil/94300662.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/naomil/2e57d97f.jpg

Fran
04-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Mine sounds similar to your Nae but without the seatbelt hooks. I would really like to get a new one. Saw some top opening ones in PAH that looked very good...

Mags
04-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I bought a new one last year from the vets when Cassie was very ill. The previous one opened at the front and Cassie was always reluctant to come out of it.....we either had to drag her out or tip her out:roll: The new one is a lot better, especially if they are ill, as the hinged top lifts up. According to the label on it, it also conforms to airline regulations if need be....cost £18.99..

Luke
04-11-2005, 02:04 PM
well we are pretty old fashioned, as we use a round wicker carrying basket, with detachable door so it doubles up as a bed normally so its very useful :)

Naomi
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Forgot to say that the front door on the carrier opens either up or to the side.

Moli & Sox seem to like it anyway, I've put it on the floor and they have been playing on it lol

Moli
04-11-2005, 02:17 PM
I have 3 two the same idea as yours, and one that opens on the top................

dinahsmum
04-11-2005, 03:44 PM
That's good Nae. The seat belt hooks are a good idea - I just wrap the straps round mine and hope - it's fine for stopping them slipping off round corners etc but wouldn't be any use in a bump.

Lets hope they don't have to use it too much - mine run when they see the carriers come out - vet or kennels, they don't like either! :cat21

Naomi
04-11-2005, 05:15 PM
I thought the seatbelt thingy's were a good idea too. Altho I can walk to my vets in about 10mins, it's only 2 streets away.

I'm hoping i don't have to use it too much either DM

Jac
04-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I hope you dont need it too much either. Looks good I'll need to go for new one soon, the way my pair are growning.

CathyW
04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
we have got a pair of wire cages (like what the vets use) was given them or ekse they would of cost a bomb,easy to clean,:D as soon as we put barnaby in one he starts crying he hates traveling to a visit to the vets is stressfull:? but i put the brothers in together they just curl up and go to sleep :D

yola
04-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I have a wicker basket . . . part of my kitty-idyll when I first got Balie!! It's not terribly practical, is arched shaped with a wicker grille front which is busted from when Ferdy tried to eat his way out of it the very first time we put him in it :shock: