PDA

View Full Version : Mica has fleas

Chairman Miaow
02-11-2005, 08:43 PM
I picked up my kitten Mica from the vet yesterday after she had been spayed only to be told she had fleas. I used frontline on her and my other kitten Rocket yesterday at 5pm. A few hours later they started itching like crazy and so did my boyfriend and I! This morning they seemed a lot less itchy and about an hour ago I found a live flea on Mica that I caught very easily because it was quite slow. The vet thinks that since both my kittens are indoor it is likely that the fleas have been between the floor boards as eggs since the pervious occupiers. That this weather is bringing them out and they found their natural hosts!

The kitties seem ok a lot less scratchy, they are cuddled together in the hallway right now. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them in the house so they can stop plaguing us?

Fran
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
There are sprays you can buy from the vet. You treat all the house, around skirting boards and floor boards etc...you can also use it on the kitties bedding and your furniture too. There are several different ones available. But you have to buy them from your vet HTH :)

bobbie3917
02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
and if you use frontline combo it will kill the flea eggs as well not just the fleas themself

Naomi
02-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I've just had to deflea my kittens too :( I used the Frontline spray from my vets. The best stuff I used for debugging the house was Bob Martin's flea powder. Okay was expensive at £7 a tub and ended up buying about 10 tubs to completely erradicate the little bugs from my house in the summer but haven't had any bother since :D

I was chatting to one of the mum's up the school and she used the spray from the vets but it didn't work :(

EmmaG
02-11-2005, 09:19 PM
I can recommend a product called Crusade which is a spray I got from the vets sometime ago, it is VERY affective, we had a bit of an infestation of fleas a few years back and this stuff killed them all, it is effective against Flies, Mites, Fleas, Ticks and Larvae, it is water based and penetrates crevices and cracks.

Chairman Miaow
02-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Thank you for the responses! I'll see what my vet has to say when I take them for micas post op sssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (sorry Micas contribution to the the post--maybe she's objecting to the vet visit).:lol:

The frontline I got was not a spray it was in a pipette of sorts that you had to break at the top and put on the cat in two spots. Is the spray better?

Mags
02-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I use the pipette one on Cassie and have found it works very well....

Chairman Miaow
02-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I was reading some reviews on bob martin and none of them were good. This is the link: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews55782.html

Mags
02-11-2005, 09:55 PM
To be honest I found Bob Martin products useless:roll: You pay a lot more for the vets products but at least they work!

Chairman Miaow
02-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Poor Mica whenevr I scratch her she looks like she is in bliss. She must be so itchy! I know the feeling I have six bites on each leg and they are so itchy! Sorry if I grossed anyone out...

Tom
02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Awww poor Mica hope it gets sorted soon ..

xxx

Chairman Miaow
02-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks Tom. I do too :(

Naomi
03-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Poor Mica :(

Hope you sort the problem out soon, it's not nice having fleas in the house but at the moment everyone i know seems to be having problems with them.