PDA

View Full Version : An eye genetics question

Luke
02-11-2005, 12:14 AM
what colour eyes will my kit have once fully grown, since she is part BSH which allways have dazzling amber eyes, but also part persian, now i didnt pay much attention to mummy cats eyes but im sure they were blue'ish, so what eyes will she end up with, colour wise?

Fran
02-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Not sure Luke...complicated thing genetics especially in cats....perhaps she could be bi-eyed?

Luke
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
possibly, its hard to sort of define at the moment as her eyes are turning fromt he kitten blue and they are sort of amber but they do have a slight hint of Blue around the pupil, not too sure :?

Fran
02-11-2005, 12:21 AM
How old is she Luke?
I generally find with blue eyed animals that the eyes or eye that will be blue is a piercing blue not the sort of puppy/kitteny blue if you know what I mean. You can just tell by looking if the eyes will be blue ...well that's what I've found in dogs anyhow. I have a friend who breed's Siberian Husky's and occasionally she gets blue eyed pups..

Luke
02-11-2005, 12:24 AM
she will be 10 weeks old on Saturday, her eyes are what i would describe as 'hazeley' its sort of a greenish amber, but with warmths of Blue illuminating her pupils and such, so not to sure

Fran
02-11-2005, 12:25 AM
My guess is she will have amber eyes...but don't hold me to it ;)

bobbie3917
02-11-2005, 01:51 AM
i would guess that blue is not a dominant gene so there for both parents would have to carry it so i would guess they would be Amber

borderdawn
02-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Colourpoint Persians have blue eyes, Chinchilla Persians have green eyes and the others have orange eyes, so take your pick!:D
DAwn.