PDA

View Full Version : Cat flaps

Kazz
31-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Do you have cat flaps and do you have problems with other cats - I have a cat flap but don;t have trouble with invading cats - I imagine because of the dogs:roll: But someone told me tonight they found hedgehogs through their cat flap:shock:

This is a Halloween picture but actually shows my catflat on the left hand side of the porch - I had it built into the brickhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/PA310072.jpg

EmmaG
31-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Never had a problem with hedgehogs, but then again my cat flap is quite high up on the door lol

I have one of the staywell ones with the magnetic mice, only two other cats have ever managed to get in and I think one of those was chasing one of my cats in.

Fran
31-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I have two cat flaps, one into the porch and one from the porch into the kitchen. I never have a problem with other cats in the kitchen, I suppose like you say because of the dogs but I occasionally have the odd visitor into my porch :shock:

Never had a problem with hedgehogs though :shock: :-D

Mags
31-10-2005, 11:17 PM
We have a cat flap and we have had the occassional cat come in. The new one we have now is 2way lockable one which I find much better.....never had a hedgehog through though:shock:

Kazz
31-10-2005, 11:24 PM
No I'd never heard of hedgehogs either but the lady was adamant se saw the catflap and asked me if I did. Maybe the hedgehogs are braver in Birmingham:shock:

Mags
31-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Could be Kazz....might be all that spaghetti at the juction:roll: :-D

Moli
31-10-2005, 11:33 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Could be Kazz....might be all that spaghetti at the juction:roll: :-D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a catflap when I had my previous staffies, one of the dogs charged at the flap and got stuck in it...Never had one since.....:roll:

Kazz
31-10-2005, 11:40 PM
I tell you when someone comes to the door if Sal does not recognise them she sticks her head (well some of it) out of the cat flap :shock: tell you it doesn;t half scare people they expect a cat to come out not a blinking great Staffie head:shock:

Moli
31-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I tell you when someone comes to the door if Sal does not recognise them she sticks her head (well some of it) out of the cat flap :shock: tell you it doesn;t half scare people they expect a cat to come out not a blinking great Staffie head:shock:You must get a picture of that Kazz....:lol: :lol: :lol:

CathyW
01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
my dog used to do that,stick his head out the catr flap and bark at who ever was at the door.they used to jump a mile:D when he was a tiny pup he used to escape out of the cat flap:D

bobbie3917
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
i dont have a cat flap but earlier this year i found a pup that had gotten out of the catflap (as you can guess it was blocked off after that)
i know Ems off bbo had a hedgehogs though her dog door

Luke
01-11-2005, 01:59 PM
we had one many moons ago, then we moved from big, docile breeds of dogs to small hypo ones that could fit through a cat flap, get out into the cul-de-sac and cause havoc :roll:
and we had a house full of Staffords and Dobies so now, not many cats dared venture in, although the dogs would have licked them to death but, preconceived ideas of things :lol: