PDA

View Full Version : Lao was attacked by another cat

Emm
30-10-2005, 10:43 AM
During the week Lao Tzu came home in loads of pain he wasn't putting any weight on his front leg and when I went to check him over he growled and hit me - he has nver done that before. So I had to get him comfy and lie with him until the morning the vet checked him over and he had a really bad cat bite on his leg and hes covered in cat scratches all over - poor baby:( hes getting too old to be fighting like that - but he won't listen to me :lol:

hes also really bad at taking his antibiotics..... cats who would have them :lol:

Moli
30-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear about Lao, hope the poor little man recovers soon....

Emm
30-10-2005, 10:56 AM
thanks Moli - hes doing alright now he just won't take his medicine

Mags
30-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Poor Lao Tzu, hope he feels better soon Emm. I used to have a ginger tom who was always in fights and I was forever taking him to the vet with nasty bites and a course of antibiotics soon cleared them up. Have you tried hiding his tablet in some ham or cheese....used to work wonders with Sam.
Also when the bites didn't look too serious I used to bathe them in a very weak TCP solution.

Fran
30-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Poor Lao Tzu :( Hope he is soon feeling better..as Mags has said try hiding his antibiotic in something tasty!

dinahsmum
30-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Poor Lao :cat34

For all their elegance etc, cats don't half let themselves down sometimes :cat11 (not your baby, the attacker)

Hope Lao is soon better and I recommend stinky Camembert for hiding pills!

samwise
30-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Hope Lao is better soon!
They drive you mad with worry, but would not be without them!

Jac
30-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh so sorry for him. Is he getting better? Hopee it doesn't stop him doing his everyday things.

Tell him to lay in wait for the baddy then jump out and "get" him back.:lol:

Tom
30-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Awwwww poor guy hope he is better soon xxx

Kazz
30-10-2005, 05:35 PM
I hope he's on the mend soon, its terrible when they are in discomfort isn't it.

Its one thing I don't miss - the cat fights Oscar was a b*gger when he was younger a proper bully with other cats in the area.

He would stand no cat in "his area" and even went into fights with un-neutured Toms:shock: I did not think neutured Tom's did that and he won a good many too.:oops: He had quite a few bites and I used to bathe them in salt water. :roll: but he always backed down to Cleo.;)

Emm
30-10-2005, 06:11 PM
thanks every-one - Lao is doing much better now but there is no food in this world that he will eat if there is a tablet inside it - I have even tried crushing the tablets and putting it in that way but he still won't eat - its a case of holding him down and popping the tablet into the back of his mouth - and then booking myself into A&E to get some stitches :lol:

and if any-one is tempted to buy the pill gun don't its a complete waste of money

Amadeus
30-10-2005, 06:18 PM
thanks Moli - hes doing alright now he just won't take his medicine
When mine wont take anything, i just crunch up the pills and sprinkle onto their favorite dry fud. Fall for it every time.....

(just making sure my cats are not reading this screen, don't want 'em knowing my secrets after all.......)

Amadeus
30-10-2005, 06:21 PM
This not as cruel as it sounds (honest)

Ice hockey boots (bear with me) get carried around in a shaggy cloth bag with drawstring top, perfect for putting a cat in pullng bag rround top of neck, then you can hold their mouths closed and not end up in A & E.

if you go to AllSports you can get the bags for 6:49, not a massive outlay

Jac
30-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Brilliant idea.........

Jeanette
30-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Poor Lao:-(

I'm glad to hear he's doing better.

CathyW
30-10-2005, 07:32 PM
my poor reggie had a huge fight with another cat,and he was in the vets for various cuts n scratches,he was really trumatised about it,and lost loads of weight,thought we was going to lose him at one time,i put it down to a racisit attack as my cats black and the other cat was white.
hope your baby getswell soon.

Mags
30-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I've heard of someone putting their cat in a bag like that as well and it does work. The hardest bit is trying to get the cat in the bag in the first place:roll:

dinahsmum
30-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Have you tried putting them head first down the sleeve of a jacket? Just leave their head out and their arms (and thus fearsome, blood-drawing claws) are pinned by their sides. (you have to retract the cat from the sleeve after, otherwise it's cruel:roll: ) Poor cats, but if only they would just take their medicine........................

John
30-10-2005, 08:40 PM
hi emm...when my ginger tom had to have tablets .i crushed them and mixed them with squerty cream the fat sod was such a gluton he eat it strait down..

CathyW
30-10-2005, 09:09 PM
ive just had punch up with one of my cats,he has to have hairball meds some time,feel like ive done 10 rounds and lost :D

Emm
02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
thanks for all the great suggestions every-one - now if any-one fancies coming round and trying them out on him........:lol:

Lao had his final check up today and was given a clean bill of health - until the next time :roll: :lol:

Mags
02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Glad Lao is all clear Emm!:D

CathyW
02-11-2005, 07:01 PM
bet your glad hes going to be ok.:D

Fran
02-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Aww Glad Lao got a clean bill of health today Emm!!