PDA

View Full Version : do cats get demntia (sp?)

CathyW
27-10-2005, 11:38 AM
being serious here, my old cat babrnaby hes about 15/16,he acts sometimes as if he dont know us??or really jumpy.and just plain nasty n grumpy. do older cats go senile as they get older??or have i got a weird cat living with us??

Luke
27-10-2005, 12:21 PM
i think they can go senile, we had an old blue persian whom went that way, apparentlly it isn't uncommon

CathyW
27-10-2005, 12:46 PM
i think they can go senile, we had an old blue persian whom went that way, apparentlly it isn't uncommonthanx is there anything we can do?? hes picking on the younger cats,they give him a wide berth but he goes up to them and gives them a wallop,saying that hes asleep with one of them now,never know what hes going to do next?? a visit to the vets is coming i think.(just to get him checked out)

Jac
27-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Boys Mum
I would go to the vet. Tell him/her hows he been acting. I'm sure he'll be able to help.

yola
27-10-2005, 09:33 PM
My friend's cat has dementia and I know she has some tablets to keep in under control . . . I would definitely see what you vet says . . . I know this particular cat is fine most of time but will sometimes get confused and cry :cry: