PDA

View Full Version : Venison verdict!

dinahsmum
25-10-2005, 03:49 PM
OK, after 3 days sitting in the red wine/redcurrant/juniper etc marinade I have finally finished the preparation and cooked the venison casserole.
The verdict is.............................................mmm , mmm. :cat21 It is really good, like beef, but not beef, and very tasty. Not game-y, very tender. If you served it up without saying what it was I think most people would say 'Beef? - but what have you done to it?' A little softer on the teeth and a little 'drier' in texture (But not dry because of the gorgeous sauce).

So, go for it. The recipe is still in the previous thread. I'll certainly make it again, 6 servings of a very luxurious main course for under £6 all in. and it's well worth considering for Christmas if you want a change from poultry. :)

Mags
25-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Mmmm sounds good DM......I think I'll go and save your recipe and try it myself sometime:p

Tom
25-10-2005, 05:02 PM
mmmm sounds nice!!!

mckitty
25-10-2005, 08:04 PM
im glad your meal turned out well, i had venison a good few years ago in austria and i dont think i ate much of it but our local farmers market does venison burgers which ive tried a couple of times and while its not quite the same as properly cooked venison its got quite a strong taste compared to beef hasnt it ?

Fran
25-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Glad you enjoyed it DM...especially after all the hard work you put into preparing it :cool:

Amadeus
26-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Sodding hungry now.........thanks DM

auburn
27-10-2005, 10:24 PM
I like using ground venison in dishes as the meat is so lean.

A well prepared roast or steak is nice too... I've had some really good kabobs.