PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with cats

dinahsmum
23-10-2005, 06:59 PM
So how do you do it? Easy with one cat - you get a comfortable position, it gets into similar - fine! What about with 2? It's fine if OH is here - Mini my side of the bed Tizz on his. But if he is out for the night - Min one side of me, Tizz the other........................and somehow they contrive to get into the same line (up & down the bed) and bend me into uncomfortable shapes...or I have to lie diagonally and that doesn't work with duvets etc.

I fear it is too late to change them , but any tips appreciated!:cat21

Mags
23-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Goodness knows how you manage with two....one is bad enough especially if you try to turn:roll:

EmmaG
23-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Make sure you have a kingsize bed :-D

Both of our cats sleep at the bottom of the bed, Arthur normally on my feet :roll: and Bronwyn at the end of the bed but in the middle

Jac
23-10-2005, 07:09 PM
LOL @ Mags
OK try it with 2 adults (two legged kind) 2 cats, one unwell child age 4 and a boxer:shock: :shock: :shock: Now you know why I'm knackered:roll:

dinahsmum
23-10-2005, 07:13 PM
LOL @ Mags
OK try it with 2 adults (two legged kind) 2 cats, one unwell child age 4 and a boxer:shock: :shock: :shock: Now you know why I'm knackered:roll:

Poor you!..............

Kazz
23-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Mine are too "long in the tooth" to change too - Karen

Fran
23-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Ours don't sleep on our bed because of hubby's asthma :(

Luke
23-10-2005, 07:41 PM
i have the 2 dogs and cat on the bed, Clementine sleeps across my chest usually with a paw on my shoulder, Polly (JRT) sleeps next to me with head under ma arm, and Florrie (scruffy pup) sleeps across ma feet under the covers, all her fluffy hair keeps ma toes nice and warm :grin:

CathyW
23-10-2005, 08:05 PM
we only have 1 on the bed so its not too bad,he either sleeps on the bottom or lays streched out next to me,tried it with 2 but they take up ALOT of bed:D

janey83
23-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Tigger gets put in the kitchen last thing at night!
But b4 that he sleeps on my legs so i cant turn, or in between my legs at the top so its impossible to move! or under my covers next to me (doesn't stay long under there tho coz he gets too hot!)

Oh this morning i didn't know he was on my bed! I moved my legs n the next thing i heard was Tigger go running off my bed! ooops.

Im always kicking him off by accident!

Jac
23-10-2005, 08:39 PM
As a rule Blue doesnt get to sleep on the bed but some how the last few nights he's managed. The cats well they are supposed to be small. Haha who said that?

Mags
23-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Are you feeling better now Jac? I don't think I could stand any animal on the bed if I was ill :(

Jac
23-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I am a bit better thanks Mags. To be honest I slept in Ceilidh's bed last night (blissfull peice)

yola
24-10-2005, 10:07 AM
I usually have one of the 2 boys on the bed. Darcy sleeps alongside me or drapes himself across my chest. Balie will always sleep propped up against my feet. When he was a kitten he used to sleep on my pillow in my hair.

Only if it's really cold will Fifi get on the bed. She always sleeps up by my face with her head on my pillow.

Poor hubby ends up getting shoved right over to the edge of the bed as I gradually shuffle over to accomodate the cats!! :-D

CinnamonTortie
24-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Our dog lies on the bed first but gets off when the cats get on, Nala sleeps either on the bed snuggled into me or in the bed snuggled into me to keep warm, Simba on the other hand has to be either touching me or Nala so he frequently lies across my neck (not a nice feeling in the middle of the night) or across my chest (which is a feet in its self) I'm not bragging though honest!! but why is it that when they lie on you they always manage to stick their bottoms near your nose he does it every time bless!!!!

Jac
24-10-2005, 10:27 AM
because they want to share:D :D

C-Fur licked my nose last night! Dont know what he thought it was. The mind boggles

mkb19
28-10-2005, 10:18 AM
My cat Whiskers sleeeps on my bed, it can be awkward even getting into it as he is a big cat and I only have a single bed. I generally have to disturb him if he is on bed and I want to get to bed..