PDA

View Full Version : Wot the cat dragged in

Het
22-10-2005, 07:17 PM
I thought we could have a thread for all the strange things the cats drag in.

i currently have a Siamese that regularly presents me with big fat wriggly worms, in fact she just brought one in which prompted this post. In the past i have been gifted- amongst various critters- a whole fried egg, a pork chop, a piece of chocolate cake, a bread bun, a length of packing tape and lots more:D

Jac
22-10-2005, 07:18 PM
LOL@Het...........

CathyW
22-10-2005, 07:33 PM
mine are all indoor cats so i dont get that pleasure any more LOL

Luke
22-10-2005, 07:54 PM
ooh we have had some curious cats over the years, one regulaly brought cockatiels to me obviouslly from an aviary :? i had a pair, a siamese and a persian x the inseperable pair who would often be seen bringing in a rabbit with one at each end!
Clementine at present usually is the obvious mice, rats and her favourite moorehens from the river thats about 10 minutes to the back of us, she brings moorehens homer all the time she even brought a duck once :shock:

Moli
22-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Oliver (oriential) ws out in the garden, he goes under my big gate to next doors garden, I was watching out the window, and suddenly this big fluffy thing appeared under the gate followed by Oliver, he picked it up and brought it inside,it was a stuffed owl belonging to the 2 year old next door, he had pinched it and brought it home!!Plus we have a selection of gloves he has pinched from the other neighbours.......

Fran
22-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Lucky my veteran as a youngster frequently brought me unusual pressies :roll: Water rats were a favourite and once she brought home a grass snake :shock:

Het
22-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Good ones:D Isn't it weird what takes their fancy!
Moli what is it about the Orientals, do you think they are that much more curious? They are definitely the Magpies of the cat world, in my house anyway!

Moli
22-10-2005, 08:37 PM
I have had siamese for years, ollie is my first oriential, and while he is basically a siamese, has quite a few difrences too, he is not as vocal, and is such a thief!! he will pinch anything!!!!

EmmaG
23-10-2005, 12:37 AM
strangest thing Arthur has brought in was a worm, actually that was the first thing he ever brought in, I have also had, rats, mice, birds, shrews.

Az
23-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Thank god Cheetah is an indoor cat :lol:

Good thread Het -I wonder what surprises we'll read about :lol:

Mags
23-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Cassie brings in fish from next doors pond :oops: She never eats them though:roll: She will also bring in giant moths, alive, sometimes they escape her grasp and I'm left chasing round the house trying to catch the things :roll:
My previous cat, Sam, used to bring home water rats from the nearby river....luckily he could never manage to get them through the cat flap so they were left outside the back door:roll:

John
23-10-2005, 04:42 PM
in there younger days millie and sandie used to lay a mouse at the bottom of the stairs propable for my breakfast..having my tea one day millie brought in a live sparrow and laid it at my feet ..opened the patio doors and it flew out after 5 mins ...john

Het
23-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Just remembered another, a few weeks ago Jazz (lilac point Siamese) fetched in an unidentifiable slimy thing, it went straight in the bin!! Found out the next day what it was, was chatting to the neighbour who mentioned that they had seen her dragging away the skin from their Haggis that they had had for their tea!!!!! (Our Siamese treat their house as their own, only the poor folk aren't allowed to touch them which is a bit unfair really, as soon as they try to stroke them they leg it)

janey83
23-10-2005, 06:39 PM
When Tigger was younger he use to always catch all types of birds.
I remember going out to see what he was eating one day n all i could see of what was left was intestines n a kidney! it was mingin!

Last year Tigger had a hole family of mice at the bottom of our garden. Me and my brother were getting ready to have a house party (parents went away!) then my bro looked out the window n said whats Tigger eating, n when i looked, he had a mice's tale hanging out of his mouth! chewing it on both side ewwww it was horrible.

N a few months ago Tigger had another mice in his mouth, so i ran outside grabbed hold of him n tried to open his mouth! It wouldnt budge. :roll:
So my mum got the brissley bit of a drush n put it against Tiggers neck then he let go n the mice went running off with 3 fang marks in it!:(

Why 3 fangs you ask? coz Tigger had a massive fight 2 years ago n lost his bottom fang.:roll: Silly billy.

Emm
23-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Lao used to bring me in rubbish - crisp packets, sweet wrappers, bottle caps, leaves, - I wish that was all I got now - now its mice, and sometimes butterflies - luckily most of the mice can be saved I have a hamster cage for the more seriously injured and I try to nurse them back to health before letting them go again