PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe it

Luke
11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
i am completley astounded at what just happened, Clementine actually had a cuddle with me she didnt scratch or bite or avade being picked up nout!
You see Clementine was bred by my mums best friend Sue, Sue runs a riding school but also breeds pedigree Ragdolls, now one of her ragdolls escaped and got friendly with 1 of the stable yard ferals that were given residence in return for sorting out the mouse problem.
Now Clementine's litter were an inconveinience so Sue decided to lock them and their mother away in a cat pen and have nothing to do with them i would play with them whenever i went but when they reached 4 weeks they were aloud free roaming in the stable :shock: :shock: (i know) they were basically going to be left to live a life of wildness but i vowed different the 4 wee kittens took refuge at 4 weeks with the stable yard Border terrier, Trip, now Trip wasnt a cat lover but she loved these kittens, and it pained me to see these tiny kittens left out to fend for themselves jsut because their father was a mog, so i set out to find homes for all of these kittens, and did so!
Clementine came to live with us, 2 of her brothers max and Monty went to live with my grandmothers next door neighbour and her other brother named Hector went to live with a kindly man who owns the post office.

So we had Clementine and oh what a kitten she really defined feral quite well with hardly any contact and basically being raised with a cut throat terrier she was made of strong stuff. She bit, scratched, spat and everything. The vet reccomended speying early to get rid of any horomone related things plus it would make her slightly less inclined to wander. So after months of being shredded she became an acceptable house member, she still bore the feral streak. But she had a BIG problem with being picked up and cuddled which naturally you wanted to do with your pet cat, but this was never to be or so it seemed.
But the mircale eventually became today Clementine who will be 3 on March the 8th wandered over jumped on my lap and nuzzled against me so i dared to pick her up and she let me and shock horror she let me cuddle her!
Maybe she has just grown a bit so she is more..well i dunno but im estatic cuase i got my first kitty cuddle of ma own cat in nearly 3 years.
Anyway jsut thought i'd let you all know:-D

Jac
11-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Sounds like she's been on the cat vine to Moli's boy LOL. There must be something in the air! He normally bites her but jumped up for a cuddle yesterday.

Luke
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
yup it must be the change in thw weather Jac :lol: she at present is on the back of the chair nuzzling against me :shock: god she's acting very odd, must be up to something :roll:
Best wishes

Az
11-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Shes starting to trust you Luke - you must be doing a good job of making her feel secure :)