PDA

View Full Version : Cats - hirachy?

Kazz
01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Well Oscar is on the move again - happy and I swear he's considering going out and sorting out the young cats that have moved in around here reminding them he was and still is "King of the road" :roll: reclaiming his throne. :grin: I may have to step in if he does but he has seen off the siamese from across the street this morning - Ming looked a bit miffed to be ousted but he went all the same - as soon as Oscar appeared where as lately he has being ignoring Oscar. So something must have changed.

Do cats have a hirachy like dogs a pack thing and once established does it change or does the "top cat" remain the top cat forever.

Karen

Mags
01-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Oscar really seems to have got a new lease of life Kazz!!

My previous cat, Sam, was king of his patch. No cat would dare come into our garden when he was around and when he went into other gardens the cats would slowly edge away from him. He fathered next doors cat's kittens(he was only 6-7 months!) and she was the only cat who wasn't afraid of him.
Indoors he was a right softy :roll:

smudgley
01-10-2005, 12:35 PM
I think Top Cat means Top cat & Top cat will always be Top Cat. :-D

In our house Mitten is not so much Top cat as moody cat - she just loves my husband - that is the only important thing in her life :roll: anyone or anything else is horrible in her eyes

My other 2 are just in love with each other :smt007 and wash each other etc all the time - they just keep out of mittens way.

Sounds like Oscar in King of your street & he always will be

Kazz
01-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Hmmmmmmm maybe so Smudgley but the power behind the throne in the house is Cleo she is Queen and if in the front garden or when out on walks then the power behind the throne to Oscar are the dogs not many cats hang around to argue with him when behind him he has two Staffs. :-D

But it's a nice idea but maybe a dream I'm in - to believe he is back in the swing of things.

Fran
01-10-2005, 02:26 PM
The heirachy in our cat household is very complicated :roll: and it has changed over the years as cats have come and gone. Top cat in our house is Matilda, next in line is Sylvester....non of the others mess with these guys :shock:

Jac
01-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Not so sure about it in this house. They both sleep ect together. There again there sil just babies! Blue is the boss though LOL