PDA

View Full Version : pedigree/moggy cats

bobbie3917
30-09-2005, 09:49 PM
how many pedigree non pedigree cat do we have?

Fran
30-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I voted Moggies :-D

Luke
30-09-2005, 10:01 PM
i put crosses as Clementine is a ragdoll cross god knows wot, but am hpoing, depending on this weekend that i will be the owner of a pedigree to so, im torn lol
Best wishes

Fran
30-09-2005, 10:06 PM
What is the difference between a pedigree cat on the active register and one on the non active register?

bobbie3917
30-09-2005, 10:07 PM
please do tell Luke
and i have voted Pedigree active

sorry for the 1s that have more than 1 i dont know how to let u pick more than 1

bobbie3917
30-09-2005, 10:18 PM
when you buy a kitten there are 2 different types and prices

most cats either tom or she cat are non active that means that it is just a pet, it can still be shown but cannot be bred from, or if you do then the kittens cannot be a pedigree cat.

if you are looking for a queen or a stud they you are looking for a cat that is on the active reg that means that it can be shown and breed from.

the non active cats are cheaper and should come with a contract saying that it should be desexed before the age of 6 months. only the cats breeder can change it from non active to active

if you get lost i will try again LOL

Fran
30-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah I get it Nat. It's similar in dogs

Mags
30-09-2005, 10:24 PM
But why can't the kittens of a non active pet be recognised as pedigrees Nat?

bobbie3917
30-09-2005, 10:26 PM
well you can say it is a pedigree but the GCCF will not let you reg them with them. its done like this to stop ppl breeding from pet quality cats

Mags
30-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Ah I see now, thanks Nat..

bobbie3917
30-09-2005, 10:28 PM
NP mags
i had to ask before i got it

smudgley
30-09-2005, 10:38 PM
I've got 3 moggies :-)

Moli
30-09-2005, 10:48 PM
With all my cats, I signed a paper saying I would have them neutered as soon as they were old enough, and I paid pet price for them....

Moli
30-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah I get it Nat. It's similar in dogs

I didn't know that Pk, but then have never bred dogs....

Fran
30-09-2005, 10:58 PM
It isn't an active register in dogs. What happens is when you register a litter of pups with the Kennel Club, you can inform the KC that the pups are not to be bred from and they endorse the puppies paper work so that if the pup is then bred in the future the progeny cannot be registered with the KC. The breeder can at any time request the KC to lift the endorsement but they only usually do this if and when the pup has reached maturity, is a good specimen of the breed and has passed all the relevent health checks for the breed. The KC cannot lift the endorsement without the breeders say so and the breeder must put in writing to the new owners when selling the pup that it carries an endorsement...

Hope this makes sense..

Mags
30-09-2005, 11:01 PM
That is good with cats and dogs as it should stop the money making breeders...

Moli
30-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Tara was being kept by the breeder to breed with, but a marriage break up changed their minds..She has no indorsements on her papers, so if I had bred her, the pup's could have been registered ???

Fran
30-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes, If she is KC registered herself and has no endorsements on her pedigree as long as you used a stud dog who was also KC reg with no endorsements the puppies could have been registered...

Kazz
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
I have two moggies :-D

Jac
01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
When I got Purrdie I didnt have to sign anything. There is nothing on her pedigree to say I cant breed from her and I didnt have to say I would have her bits knackered. Wonder why?

Mags
01-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Is she on the active register then Jac?

Jac
01-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Mags I havent got a clue :? Mind you the girl had so many cats and kittens I think she was just glad to let one go!!!! She probably isnt on it, but there were no stipulations what so ever when I got her.

bobbie3917
01-10-2005, 07:53 PM
well you will need to ask the breeder if she is Jac
if i remember you said you may breed her? well if so you will have to know if she is on the active or you will not find a good stud or have pedigree kittens

Emm
02-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I have 4 moggies but I would really love a pedigree cat - I love the bengal cats and norwegian forest cats, siameses - wish I was allowed another cat.

For all those with pedigree cats do you let them outside?

deester
02-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Argh i can't vote for more than one type we have crosses and pedigrees. And i have also owned lots of lovely moggies too!

bobbie3917
03-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Jac when you bought Purrdie did you get a pink slip (if she is on non active it will say non active but if she is on active it will say nothing)? do you realise that if you breed her and you haven't got a pink slip you wouldn't be able to register the kittens and you may find them difficult to sell, Also you may find it difficult to find a good stud

If your kittens can't be registred what sort of homes will they attract? will they eventually end up in rescue centres? as many ill-bred' so called' pedigree dogs do. Do you have the facilities to take back unwanted cats and kittens as after all as a breeder you are responsible for any kitten you breed for it's entire life, which could be a litter of 10 for 20 odd years if there anything like Kazz's 2

Bellakatz
03-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Hello Everyone
I have not been about ,been very busy with kittens...bless them
Most of them have now gone off to their new homes
I hope everyone is well inc cherished fur babies

I have pedigree cats active registered and my old timer moggies
xxx

Jac
03-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Nat, I was told that she was registared but as one of the litter. She's kitten no something. If I wanted to registar her with a name I would have to go through the breeder and it would cost £20.
Now as for kittens and responcible breeding........you are preaching to the converted. However the dogs we re home are not ill bread or from back street breeders. We work tierlessly to find perfect homes for unwanted boxers. At the moment the last 3 have been under 12 months with pedigree's to die for (but do not get passed on) and guess what one was from a world renouned show kennel, she was 11 months, could have been bred from and he wouldn't take her back. Responcible? I think not.
It's obviously diffrent in the cat world if breeders are willing to take there kittens back, no matter age or sex as I have yet to find a boxer breeder willing to do so.

Fran
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
I make it a condition of sale when I sell my pups that should the new owners circumstances ever change that the pup/dog will be returned to me. If I bred cats I would do the same.....

Jac
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM
PK the diffrence is you bring your pups up in the house, dont have kennels and love them individually. Big breeders dont! They get there money and that's it. Do you accept visa? Some how I think not. That too me says most of it but I could go on for days!

Fran
03-10-2005, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't know where to begin accepting Visa Jac :shock: :lol:

bobbie3917
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
most pll i know in my breed takes back pups/kittens and yes that is big show ppl, im so glad im not in boxers. breeders like that should be named and shamed

you have a PET cat i sore it on her website you paid PET price why or why do u want to bred from a PET. she might have a great pedigree and come from great lines but the breeder thought she was PET quality, have you not thought thats why the breeder has so many left? cos there not the best type

Amanda
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
:( Not fair. I have none :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

What do you mean by "non active" and "active"?

Mags
03-10-2005, 02:40 PM
:lol: I didn't know what that meant either Amanda but Nat (Bobbie3917) has kindly explained it in post No 6 in this thread.......

Jac
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Thats exactly right!!!! and why I wont breed from her. I was a little green round the gills but isnt everyone at some point in there lifes?

I will be breeding Bengals when I have 1/ a bigger house 2/ more knowlage 3/ bigger purse strings and 4/the heart to part with kittens.

Amanda
03-10-2005, 02:52 PM
when you buy a kitten there are 2 different types and prices

most cats either tom or she cat are non active that means that it is just a pet, it can still be shown but cannot be bred from, or if you do then the kittens cannot be a pedigree cat.

if you are looking for a queen or a stud they you are looking for a cat that is on the active reg that means that it can be shown and breed from.

the non active cats are cheaper and should come with a contract saying that it should be desexed before the age of 6 months. only the cats breeder can change it from non active to active

if you get lost i will try again LOL

Found it, Thanks Jac & Mags :D

bobbie3917
03-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Thats exactly right!!!! and why I wont breed from her. I was a little green round the gills but isnt everyone at some point in there lifes?

I will be breeding Bengals when I have 1/ a bigger house 2/ more knowlage 3/ bigger purse strings and 4/the heart to part with kittens.

im glad to hear that Jac :)
i was not trying to have a go at you but i thought i would try to point out to you that breeding cats is just like breeding dogs and a lot goes in to it not just the fact you have a she cat, there are health tests and all to think of

Jade1991
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
IN answer to your question Quote" But why can't the kittens of non active pet be recognised as a non active pet be recognised as a pedigree" If your cat is a Pedigree and the Breeder have put the kitten on a non active register this means that you can not breed from it, but you can show it as a Neuter.

Az
10-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Further to what Jade has said...

A kitten that isn't on the 'active' register is still a pedigree - being on the non-active register just means you cannot breed from them. (You can show them as normal etc they are no less a pedigree, just have a restriction that they are not to be bred from.)

With regards to someone being naughty and breeding a cat that is meant to be on the non-active register, then the kittens of that mating would not be allowed to be registered as pedigrees. And they couldn't be shown.

That's why it is always advisable to buy a kitten from a reputable breeder.

hope that helps!
(please correct me if Im wrong!)

Fran
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
That's how I understand it to be Az..

Jade1991
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Yes thats correct Az!

Az
11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks! Thought I may have been a bit rusty! :lol:

Moli
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
That is exactly what the breeder told me when I bought Merlin..All I wanted was a pet......

Chairman Miaow
13-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I have a non active pedigree and a cross.