Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #11

Re: Meet our newest member of the family..

What an adorable little man! You're lucky to have found such a pretty boy and Solomon is extremely lucky to have found you and K.

Cats owned: Moggies
20-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #12

He is beautiful, maybe Siamese x Snowshoe?

Lovely boy, lucky him to have found you and lucky you as well.

Nicky

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
20-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #13

He is precious!! What a wonderful addition to your home
Thanks for giving him a loving home - He is going to have one happy life!!
Hope he makes friends with your other lovely furries

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #14

Solomon has certainly won my heart. He's king of the hill!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #15

He's gorgeous Tink - and meant to live with you, K and the furry friends. What a little poppet.

Welcome to Catsey Solomon - I hope to see a lot more of you!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
20-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #16

Solomon is so cute Tink.Very lucky boy.Hope they all get on together.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #17

I hope he won't get into as many scrapes as the original Solomon ... but if so you'll have no shortage of funny stories to tell

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
20-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #18

He's lovely!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #19

I am a fan too........a perfect replica of Solomon.....love the name., love the kitten seems fate tooko a hand in him finding you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #20

Thanks, everyone
Well he has met all six ferrets and has decided wrestling and playing with ferrets is the most natural thing in the world They remind me of littermates, watching them mock fighting and roll around and dance and pose
Hestia and Kuan Yin are guarded but decided they are not going to be too worried about him. Except when he tries to engage them in play, he will get a hiss out of each, lol. They have accepted his presence, just don't necessarily want to interact with him one on one yet They only seem uncomfortable if he gets too close to them. Last night him and Hestia were chasing the same moth and they landed nose to nose on the floor with the moth in between He caught and ate two moths in front of us, I was joking he's a good "moth-er" rather than mouser, lol. He actually started engaging Kuan Yin in some play this morning and once she realized I was watching, she stalked off and pretended it didn't happen (must retain some dignity or appearances, i guess..she'll come around, i'm sure).
He follows me everywhere like a puppy dog. Wants to be in the same room as the people at all times. I'm also hearing my first Siamese talking...not much just yet but sounds like he is uttering words here and there so far. I think he's testing it out. He's a big purr machine too.
His nerves seem to be really hardy compared to other cats I've had. He doesn't frighten easily and even if he gets startled he recovers his composure almost immediately.
The only other members of the family he hasn't met yet are the pups. I actually am surprised we got this far with intros to the cats and ferrets, I'm just taking cues from him what he is ready for. Most of all with new cats I've noticed our dogs usually need to adjust to the realization that the newbie belongs to our household and isn't someone who just strolled in off the street. Once they get that understood then it's smooth sailing from there. I'm prepared to do this portion of intros as slowly/gradually as needed. I don't want to force or rush anything.
He's going to get vaccines and microchipped while he's under for the neuter on Thursday. I am already getting nervous but at least with boys it's so much less invasive. I will probably be more nervous than him.