Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 1x DLH 1x DSH
18-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #1

I'm new and need some advice/help!

Hi everyone.
I was never a massive cat lover until me and my partner adopted kittens. We've now had them for over 2 years and they are the centre of my world.
The reason I joined here was that I was recommended to use this site for what I need.
I am moving house at the end of May and with my new place not ready until September I will be between homes. I would like my 2 cats to be living somewhere semi-permanent in this time. If anyone knows of anywhere that would foster my cats for this time please please let me know! I am desperate. It is not convenient for any of my friends or family and I really really do not want to let them go.
I am very wary of giving complete strangers the responsibilty of caring for my cats, however, I am running out of options.
PLEASE HELP!
Natasha xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #2

Re: I'm new and need some advice/help!

Hi Natasha!

Sorry to hear about your predicament and sincerely hope that you find a solution. There are some members here that have connections with Cats Protection who may be able to make some suggestions.

Cats owned: 1x DLH 1x DSH
18-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #3

I have literally tried everything. Cats Protection have said the only way they can help is to sign them over to them but leaves them open to being adopted by someone else1 Which they will because they are so gorgeous! The catteries want to charge me £400 a month which I just cannot afford.
Thank you for your reply though
Natasha xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
18-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #4

Hi Natasha,
Welcome to Catsey. I'm so sorry to hear of your predicament and I'm afraid that I don't have any answers. I was going to suggest a cattery, but I know that they can be expensive.
I know that there are some pet-sitters in my area that also do in-home boarding for dogs - I wonder whether there is a similar thing for cats? Perhaps you could look into that?
What a shame that you don't have any friends or family that would take them in.
Best of luck

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
20-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #5

Hi Natasha

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Have you tried the Animal Samaritans? They offer a service to cat sit for people going in hospital.....not sure about for people moving.....could always check it out!

http://www.animalsamaritans.org.uk/nwkent.htm

Also, not sure what the cost would be, but another option is Petpals in Kent.

http://www.petpals.com/area/midkent.htm

Also, be sure to ask your vet if they have any ideas......they may well know a few people who are willing to do this.

Good luck!

Tina