Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #1

Chicken wings!

Wish I'd had my camera handy.
Was at the butcher this morning and noticed he had chicken wings (sure there's a bad joke there! ) so I purchased 5 for the princely sum of 53pence. Gave one to Dinah after her walk and she really enjoyed it.
I've now given the boys one each. Wow!!!! Bentley, as I anticipated, grabbed it and growled and tucked in. Chester behaved with a bit more decorum but still chewed away. Bentley actually hissed when his bruvv looked at him! He's also chucked his in the air a couple of times. They are still struggling manfully with their trophies. I think Chester would prefer his cooked, diced and with gravy. I don't know how long they will take but it seems great - food and a pass-time! I'll have to wash the kitchen floor though.
So - at the moment I would thoroughly recommend raw wings for your cats but I'll keep you posted of any developments.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #2

Re: Chicken wings!

Excellent news!! Way to go

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #3

Here's Bentley, nearly an hour on!
I think he is enjoying his first real taste of raw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02107 (Small).jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	457  

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #4

Excellent!! Caleb has chicken wings for his dinner every day and raw chops and mince, he loves his raw diet!! The cats will 'steal' some of his raw mince sometimes, but have never showed much interest in the wings, having said that they're not in the bowl for long enough!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #5

I would so love to try that with my 3 but I'm too terrified of doing anything different to their diet any more. Bentley certainly seems to have enjoyed them though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
05-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #6

Great pic DM!! Mine have chicken wings every so often, although it's only really Kuta that knows what to do with them!! The others just lick them or throw them about a bit. Kuta will eat the lot - bone and all - which is fab for her teeth as she doesn't eat dried food!!

I know what you mean about having to wash the floor afterwards, but I love them having the wings - it's so entertaining to watch!!!

BTW I buy a Sainsbury's value pack with about 10/12 wings in for just over £1.50 - bargain!!!

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #7

Well - great result. An hour eating, an hour washing and now just loads of zzzzzzz.
I had one piece left as just a joint with a bit of long bone each side and one where the fattest piece had been totally eaten and the rest played with. They're certainly getting the hang. I'll get them another next week and see if they do better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #8

Thanks for posting this; I'd been meaning to try them, but it sort of slipped my mind! Will give it go and see if Ms. Picky will eat one.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #9

Think I might try my two with that very soon. Curiosity more than anything.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #10

I'm curious too ....... just worry about the bones getting stuck in her throat or teeth