Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #1

Toilet Training

Anybody seen this before
http://www.citikitty.com/
Love the video!

I've heard of clicker training cats to use the toilet but this seems to cut out all the awkward stages and make the whole process much more logical for puss.
I may invest $49.......if I'm going to get these kittens. I don't think the old girls would/could be re-trained but maybe I'm wrong. If it works it will be a huge saving in litter, never mind not having to empty/clean same; if it doesn't work it's only about £30......and maybe I could shift it on eBay?

Interested to hear your views.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Toilet Training

How strange

Seems like an excellent idea in principle. I would be very interested to know if you are succesful with it DM....

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #3

Have ordered!
Don't think I'll try to get the oldies to use it..............but who knows?
Shipping (from US) supposed to only take a few days, so hopefully it will be here before any kittens are.
Watch this space!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #4

All you need now are the kittens

can't wait to hear how it all goes

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #5

Sounds a wonderful idea!
I am lucky, in that I dont have a litter tray at home. They just go out the cat flap as needed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #6

Sounds an interesting idea - I will be interested to see how you get on.

Mine have always gone outside. No litter trays for me only when they were tiny. Oscar would never use it and Cleo was never struck on the idea. But the idea sounds good,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
01-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #7

Everytime I think I cant be surprised, something new pops up

But hey if it works I'm game.. Oliver always seem to think his litterbox isnt clean enough

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #8

I've only reverted to a tray since we moved here (practicalities of installing a flap are difficult + both cats are 'getting on') Mini prefers it (always thought she was a little too posh to dig in the garden!) Tizz uses it only in extremis. She is a bad girl really and can cross her legs for just ages if it's raining or too cold!
But, because of the cat-flap issues, think this could be great for kittens. Plus, my next door neighbour, although lovely etc, is a very keen gardener and has very bad asthma, so would prefer not to have cats in her garden. (She has my permission to throw a little water at my two, but never has. I've never even heard her shoo them)
Once again, watch this space......................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #9

I had the same issue with my two when younger my neighbour is a gardener and not a cat lover at all. I told them if they were getting to be a nuisance I would buy pepper dust and pay to have fencing round their fence so the cats (well it was Oscar) couldn't get in but I never heard them shoo them away ever.

And when Mrs Coke was ill bedridden downstairs it appears Oscar went to visit her, and keep her company, she never stroked him but he stayed and talked to her - so her husband and the McMillan nurse said she would have conversation with him.he nurse said she said things like "Puss, don't stay in the sun its hot today" or "Is it raining."
He did that till she died - odd really he didn't trust people and she was a confirmed cat hater but she kept him small bits of whatever her tea had been (ham, or chicken normaly) and he stayed there while she was visited by all the ladies from the church lots of large west indian ladies in hats looking for seats and the most comfortable armchair taken up by one white and ginger cat He didn't even move for the vicar. As long as no one stroked him he was okay.

Catsey Junior

01-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #10

I have seen this before and will be interested to know how you get on with it DM. Not sure how I feel about sharing the loo with the cats though, If I'm desperate and they are using it who has priority lol!