Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1

Meet our newest member of the family..

Hi, all.
Well I've missed having a male feline presence in the house and had told myself awhile back if I were to ever add another cat to the household, it would be a boy.
I haven't really been actively searching until recently, though the thought has been there for awhile.
I stumbled across an ad (was not even listed in the pets section, was in the household section) about a mixed male kitten that needed a home. The picture looked like a siamese mix (i've always liked siamese but never had one) and i was immediately struck by his photo, so much so that i decided to reply. a few minutes later the ad was taken down (off craigslist) and i thought ah, someone grabbed him up, oh well. Well actually,her ad had been removed for being posted in the wrong area and she's not very internet savvy so she didn't realize at all. I was the only one who had a chance to reply and she didn't bother relisting.
We've been communicating since Thursday last week. Young, college girl..a student. Went through a bad break up and the ex got the dog and she was sad so she got this kitten. Well, she does not seem very familiar with cats. She's only had him a week. Does not know his age (she told me a month old, I'd venture to say he's maybe SIX months old!! at least four or five..he's juvenile but most definitely not a baby!!). Anyhow, she did not like how playful he was and keeping her up late plus she said her roomate's cat was pouncing on him and it made her nervous. I don't think she's really ever had a cat. So anyway, she decided to rehome him.
We were in town last night and I told K I was just going to let the universe decide if it was meant to be or not. She had plans last night but I think K really secretly wanted him as he kept making excuses to stay in her neighborhood till she got home. Well, we ended up being just down the street from her when she called me and we decided to head over and meet him. Shabby little apartment. I saw her in the window holding him and she dashed down to the truck to meet us. Long story short, he came home with us.
He's quite outgoing and doesn't seem to be very scared. He purrs quite loudly and intros have been going fairly well considering. He will be getting neutered on Thursday. He's very loving and social. We are taking it slow with the other furry members of the house but so far, so good.
For any of you familiar with Doreen Tovey, you'll probably understand my name choice. Everyone, meet Solomon.

a vid of him playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCExXEJLnPM

and then very tired...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsjCZ_jcsk0

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #2

Re: Meet our newest member of the family..

What a little stunner Tink, he looks a bit like a snowshoe....Love his name really suits him...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
19-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #3

OH MY!!! He's gorgeous Lucky, lucky you.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #4

He's gorgeous, Tink, looks like he has made himself at home with you already!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #5

He is absolutely beautiful. Lucky you - lucky him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #6

What a little darling Solomon is, except for the white mitts he could be THE Solomon! (Yes, big Doreen Tovey fan here). That doesn't sound like a very good environment he was in. so glad you were able to rescue him, Tink. And I'm sure K will be pleased at having another of the masculine persuasion in the house

He certainly looks relaxed, happy and at home in those shots; await word as to Kuan Yin's and Hestia's reactions. But in my limited experience, adult females will accept a male kitten .... especially a personality boy like him.

You are making me broody for another Siamese boy.......

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #7

Thanks everyone!
Ah, Eileen good to see another fan, I fell in love with her books several years ago
And yes, you are right. Much less confrontational than when Kuan Yin and Hestia first met and I am guessing it is also because he is young and male (actually that was my theory if we were to add another cat, that would be the most peaceful choice).
They are all in the same bedroom right now sleeping peacefully and there have been no real altercations. When he first arrived, Kuan Yin growled and Hestia watched from a distance. He then rolled over and showed his tummy and purred and they just don't quite know what to make of that and are leaving him be I've introduced him to the two mellowest ferrets (Pino and Cooper) and he gets along with them great! so far, so good....

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #8

P.S. We forgot to bring a carrier (well I didn't honestly know if we would be getting him just yet..) to pick him up so when we drove home he sat and looked out the window like riding in a truck was the most natural thing in the world. We even stopped off at WalMart on the way home for some groceries and he napped in the back seat like "no big deal"...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2010, 02:18 AM   #9

Oh he reminds me so much of Dandy ... different breed, same personality! Perfectly cool at riding in a car, liked it actually. And he did the same thing meeting Misty and Patches .. rolled over and wanted to be friends! How I'd love to meet little Solomon; give him a big cuddle from his East Coast auntie!.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh he reminds me so much of Dandy ... different breed, same personality! Perfectly cool at riding in a car, liked it actually. And he did the same thing meeting Misty and Patches .. rolled over and wanted to be friends! How I'd love to meet little Solomon; give him a big cuddle from his East Coast auntie!.
Will do! And never say never, maybe one day we can schedule a visit!!! I'd love to meet you and Leia