Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
12-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #1

UGG boots

Does anyone own a pair and what do you think of them?

I only thought you could wear them with skinny jeans which is something that I certainly cannot wear.
They do look very cosy and comfy though???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #2

Re: UGG boots

Ugg boots look good with chunky tights and short winter skirts aswell . . . however I too can't wear them as I think my thighs are too fat and the overall resulting effect is just huge legs (current saving grace is slim calves and ankles).

But I do see many large girls around town wearing them quite stylishly; it all depends on self-perception, how you carry yourself and what you feel comfortable getting away with.

Catsey Senior

12-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Ugg boots look good with chunky tights and short winter skirts aswell . . . however I too can't wear them as I think my thighs are too fat and the overall resulting effect is just huge legs (current saving grace is slim calves and ankles).

But I do see many large girls around town wearing them quite stylishly; it all depends on self-perception, how you carry yourself and what you feel comfortable getting away with.
I'm not big, size 12/14 but certainly have not the shape for skinny jeans. I hate tights or anything tight on my legs with a passion so skirts unless long ones are a no no.

Back to slimming world for me come January and must start running again.

Are you juicing yet Yola or starting January?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #4

I've never had a pair because they are so expensive, but I love the fact that they look warm and comfy. I have a very elderly pair of Ecco boots that I wear with extra thick socks atm.

There is a banner at the base of this "Win a Pair of UGG Boots!"!!!!!

(Merlin is crying atm - don't know what he wants - a pair of boots perhaps ..... Puss in Boots?)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #5

My Sons girlfriend has a pair and they really suit her she wears them with bootcut Jeans..., my legs are too thin, look ridiculous on me though...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #6

Wish I had the problem of my legs being too thin

I'm not juicing yet Matron; was eyeing up a monster juicer just now in John Lewis. It's the big metal breville one and tbh, the only one I like as all the others are flimsy plastic-looking things. But as usual, the one I like is twice the price of all the others . . . I'll see what OH says; might wait till the sales!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #7

I like them if folded over with the fur showing at the top or you can get ones with pom poms on, I like those, the actual UGG's I just think are a bit dull and not a nice shape.

Yola if you wore a skirt just below the knee, a floaty type with lots of movement (not a clingy pencil type) it gives the effect of slimmer thighs and you could wear chunky tights or black leggings with it and UGG type boots, I usually wear my similar type boots with a winter skirt and leggings.

Also if you wear a top that clings at the waist it detracts from your thighs.

Can you tell I have massive thighs, i'm getting all Gok Wan over them.

Catsey Senior

13-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #8

I have ordered a pair off tinternet. They were half price at 59.99 and then with 15 pounds P&P ontop. They are genuine ones too so thought that was a good buy. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website on here but PM me if anyone is interested in them.

I shall try and tuck my bootleg jeans into them lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
13-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #9

i love the ugg boots all i could afford was the look a likes. but they where really comfy and warm. seen another pair that i like so maybe LOL
ive got my leather cowboy boots. i wear them with a pair of tight (ish) jeans. they have an elastic bit under the foot,(remember slacks ladies??)
might go in the comp for some ugg boots.