Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
30-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #11

Re: Speckle-Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
So sorry to hear this Luke, what happened?
She was found in a bit of a mess, by the looks of things she had been released from her hutch [a bolted hutch, that had the doors re-bolted once she was out] and seemingly received some form of blow to the head/neck..resulting in what seemed like paralisation and such, she also had blood from the mouth area which is what made me wonder first..in theory it would have been better to have the vet do a PM but head wasn't in sensible mode at thetime.
Ralph found her on Sunday morning when we were pottering in the garden [i hadnt done morning feeds yet as it was early and was just out seeing how the mouse problem was going], to say shocked was an understatement...very very horrible occurance. But as i said, 'by the looks of things', we will never really know what happened..maybe she escaped without me noticing when i was feeding or something the night before, maybe she did escape and the door shut itself back..it doesnt add up and i do have my suspicions, but it is quite irrellevant as she's gone now..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #12

So sorry to hear of such a horrible thing Luke.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #13

That's awful Luke, so sorry you had to see it.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #14

Luke - sorry that you've lost your sweet Speckle. It sounds like not a very pleasant thing all round

Is/was it the trouble with the neighbours you alluded to in another thread . . . I really hope not

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Luke - sorry that you've lost your sweet Speckle. It sounds like not a very pleasant thing all round

Is/was it the trouble with the neighbours you alluded to in another thread . . . I really hope not
I just thought that to Yola. I hope not.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
31-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #16

If suspicions are confirmed then yes, we do believe it was the neighbours responsible. And after finding a block of rat poison [the block green stuff that they naw on] shoved under the fence into the garden [morethan likely intended for the canines of the house], it really would not surprise us.
Will discuss this further on a different thread, or through PM..