Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #31

Re: rip tao

Jenny I am so sorry I only just caught this I am so sorry he's gone so young.

Take care Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
29-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #32

Oh Jenny, I am so very, very sorry. So sad, he was so beautiful and so young. What a shock for you, but you couldn't possibly have known, please don't feel guilty, these things happen sometimes...... RIP little Tao

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
29-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #33

i jus feel like i could have done more for him. he has been a bit quiet for a couple of days, but i put it down to him settling in. i shud have realised how delicate he is.
its just not fair

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #34

Did the vet offer you any suggestions as to what the problem could have been? Sometimes answers make things easier to cope with. It's the 'what ifs' and not knowing that are hard to bear

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #35

Hi Jen

Have his brothers and sisters gone to their new homes yet? might be worth their breeder checking them out just in case? I know it won't help but maybe as Fran says the vet might have an idea.

Karen?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
29-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
i jus feel like i could have done more for him. he has been a bit quiet for a couple of days, but i put it down to him settling in. i shud have realised how delicate he is.
its just not fair
You loved him dearly, you took good care of him, you did everything right.
The assumption that he was "a bit quiet" because he was settling in, could very well be spot on! There was nothing to say there was something wrong from your photos and descriptions either. Stop kicking yourself woman! Let yourself be sad and grieve, and eventually remember the good times you had, with photos to prove it.

Catsey Senior

29-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #37

hi fran, no the vet said it could have been 1001 things, from a weak heart to a virus or something.

kazz, ive informed the breeder, and suggested she let the others know just incase, but not sure what shes doing

hreow, i kno i shud just grieve, i guess theres always what ifs, even if theres nothin that cud be done.

thank u again everyone for all ur support and help. its been so helpful to me. i let me oh read the posts, and he couldnt believe how much response there was. i think he needed it as much as i did

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #38

Hello Jens other half. Hope you are okay.

Jen he was a babyand it appears you did nothing wrong I would expect a settling in period a tiny kitten as Tao was. I hope this has not put you off getting a kitten.

Take care of yourselves and especially my mate Indie.....

Catsey Senior

29-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #39

hi kazz, unfortunetely i dont think we will be getting another kitten. as the week unfolded, it appears that indie was guarding her bones and toys against the kitten, as she did when we had phoenix. i didnt think the resources would be the same. perhaps after a while she wud have realised he couldnt give 2 stuffs about her things. who knows.
and altho she mothered tao, she didnt seem particuarly happy in herself, i think she likes being the only one after all that.

such a shame, i really miss having him around, and would love to of had another kitten some time in the future, but i dont think it wud be fair on indie now

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #40

Jen I think you have to settle for the fact Indie is an only child Happy with visitors but happier when they go home.

Take care Karen