Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
01-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #1

Wanted... For small animal rescue centre....

Hello, it's that MadCatLady again!!!

Just thought i'd give this a go... no pressure... well I might send RigbyBigBear round to administer justice but otherwise if you can help please do if not thank you for reading & bear us in mind for the future!

I, for my sins, am the Fundraising Manager for a small, local (to Norfolk), animal rescue association called Castaways Animal Rescue. We are prodominantly involved in the rescue, rehabilitaion & re-homing of cats in particular those classed as 'feral' although we do involve ourselves with wildlife & other small pets.

Below is a list of items we require either to aid us with the welfare during the rehabilatation/fostering period of these animals or stuff we can use to raise funds!!

THE LIST!!!

Fleeces, blankets & towels for bedding.
Unwanted cages, crates, carriers, food bowls and litter trays (preferably clean!?) for the rescued cats to use during rehabililatation.
Shredded paper... you are supposed to shred all confidential waste now but most councils will not allow it to be recycled as it clogs the machines up... we use it for cat litter, it's great for kittens in particular!
Foil food dishes (the sort pies & chinese takeaways come in, any size, washed up please!) for pie making!
Cotton, pale coloured double bed sheets - to make table cloths out of! 6 or 7 required, the paler in colour the better as will be dying them the rescue centres new colour scheme which is a rather stunning purple & yellow!!
Any odds bits of fabric, beads, lace/trim for decorating gift boxes & cards etc.
Sheets of labels - any size for labelling Jams etc

Laminating pouches.
Large luxury type fabric for displaying our hand painted glass on!!
Several large very sturdy cardboard or plastic boxes/crates and shoe box sized boxes.
A display stand for cards & calendars.
Jars - any size or shape, but in particular baby food jars, for jam & chutney!
Unwanted gifts like smellie sets, candles & toys/books for tombola/raffle prizes.
Various sized woven baskets to make sets of 'things' up!?
Glassware - plain & uncut for us to hand paint with animals & sell.
Nearly new clothes/shoes & bags.

Also any fayres or events we could hold a stall at are always good news! I am happy to collect 'stuff' although I drive a vintage mini called Rupert and so have to make arrangements for larger transport, of course for obvious reasons I would rather not travel 200 miles for 5 jams jars!! Ungrateful I know!? But if people can post smaller items or arrange for one big collection in one area thats all good for me!!

Hope my groveling has not offended anyone and feel free to PM if you have questions or post on here & i'll catch up with you!!

Ta ever so!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
04-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #2

Re: Wanted... For small animal rescue centre....

I think we've still got an old food bowl somewhere from the days of Beauty ...

It's a deep black double one, if we still have it it will be in the garage probably quite mucky by now

If you want it MCL then PM me your address and if we still have it I can post it to you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #3

Sorry MCL, have only just seen this thread. When do you need stuff by or is it just as and when?
I may have a few things that i could post to you but am off on a house sit in the morning and wont be back for 10 days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #4

I have a couple of new fleece blankets - happy to post if you want to pm me your address!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #5

I'm across the Pond so can't help, but hope you get lots of donations!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #6

I missed this first time round too MCL - I have nothing to offer at present, but will keep you in mind! Hope you get loads of stuff to sell/use.

Cats owned: Charlie, the rescue kitten.
Frog2 is Male
05-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #7

We'll get some bits together to send

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
05-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #8

Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!

I am fairly sure you are all trustworthy people so I have decided to be really brave and post my address on this thread......

[address removed] Will PM those who want it... can you guys PM me as I can't keep up with the many requests....

And yep EVERYTHING wanted.... if we cannot use it I will find someone who can!! And am always grovelling it's an on going thing.....

Thanks again!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #9

MOUSEhold Street!?? What a fab address for a cat person!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
05-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #10

It's coming up with address removed?

Can you PM your address please MCL?