Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #1

Thursday

Morning everyone
Just about to get dressed and take Malaika out, the sun is shining but there are grey clouds.
Have to feed Tom and Jerry first though, otherwise they will put in a complaint.
Ironing later, then visiting a friend, the one with the matted Persian. Pleased to say she has managed to gradualy get most of the mats out, Fleur has several bald patches but she still looks better.
Have noticed the neighbours cat is covered in matts as well, she's got medium length fur and i wonder if cats are more prone to matt when they age ?
Have mentioned to my neighbour that i will do it . There's no way she will

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #2

Re: Thursday

Morning all off to work shortly. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #3

am so whizzed off, i just have to get it off my chest.
Malaika was due to take her Bronze award for canine good citizen on Sat and she has come into season.
Have spoken to the trainer and she has suggested we enrol for the Silver award at the end of Oct and take the Bronze award sometime during the course. We weren't sure about doing the Silver as i only know of one Basenji that has passed. However we have agreed to try but i am upset realy as i wanted to get the assessment out of the way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #4

Shelley, that's such bad timing for Malaika, what a shame she's going to have to wait a little longer for that rosette.

Morgan's off for his 8 weekly trim today, he had a lovely bath yesterday and the shampoo and conditioner have left him smelling lovely (for a change ) He could get bathed at the groomer's but it's easier to do it here. No walk this morning so he'll stay clean, he tends to snuffle along with his nose to the ground and his ears get filthy, gundogs eh!

Yesterday I decided to rearrange the living-room furniture and today I'm trying to get used to the new layout. There seems to be more space for moving around but it all looks rather strange

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #5

Hi, all. Still sunny and seasonable, 22 C (72 F), not humid or breezy. We may reach 30 C this afternoon, then some needed rain overnight. No errands again today, grocery delivery this afternoon.

That's a pity about Malaika and the rosette Shelley. MrsH, we haven't seen a pic of Morgan in ages, how about one after he's home and all spiffed up from the groomers? Only long haired cat I had was my childhood ginger boy, and Mom took care of his mats, so I can't remember if they increased with age......

The weekend nears!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #6

Hi all! OH and I have had our break. Today we walked around Itchenor - not an overly long or difficult walk, but very varied, starting with the harbour, then a rather posh residential area, then fields and countryside, then a little bit of road and a visit to a church which has been in use since 1100 and something, then a couple of rather beautifully brick built agricultural buildings with horse chestnut trees and Banded Galloway cattle, then more fields and back along a particularly lovely wooded shoreline. It wasn't cold and kept dry. Couldn't ask for more really.

Back home to the continuing trouble with Harley (different thread).

Lots of urgent transcription for tomorrow has also arrived. Roll on the weekend I say!

Hope everyone is getting ready for the colder nights to come. I must remember to put the feet under my pots soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
16-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #7

Evening everyone!
Had a bit of a panic today when I realised baby is due in 60 days I still feel like I have nothing prepared!
Imogen is feeling better, no more vomiting-the problem was a pesky hairball, all resolved after a dose or two of katalax and she's feeling lots better.
Sounds like you had a lovely break Angie, sorry about Malaika and her KC award-they always seem to know the most difficult time to come into season don't they! I'm still waiting for Darcy's first so she can be spayed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #8

Afternoon, all.
Appt. with attorney for a "wrap-up meeting" at 4pm today. Other than that, not much planned.
Woke up this morning to Solomon cuddling me
Hope you all have/had a good day!

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #9

Pl, only 60 days, time flys doesn't it.
Glad Imogen is feeling better, nasty things, hairballs.
We will have Malaika spayed before her next season in Autumn 2011. Must admit i'm dreading it and will have to read up to convince myself about the health benefits. It feels awful to have to put her through an op.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Pl, only 60 days, time flys doesn't it.
Glad Imogen is feeling better, nasty things, hairballs.
We will have Malaika spayed before her next season in Autumn 2011. Must admit i'm dreading it and will have to read up to convince myself about the health benefits. It feels awful to have to put her through an op.
Autumn 2011? Do dogs only come in heat once a year, Shelley?