Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #1

Thursday thoughts

Hi all. It's my carefree day so I'm just pottering around at home and relaxing. I have the radio blaring at me, Radio2, and I'm listening to the news and Jeremy Vine. Sad news about David Cameron's dad and today I heard that yesterday a friend's MIL also had a severe stroke,
Also JV is discussing a horrible case of budgie 'murder' of a champion breeder from Cornwall who had his aviary broken into and his birds stolen or injured some callous ******s out there! I can imagine how distraught Ceri or I would have been if it had happened to him. Don't know if Ceri knows the chap as they haven't named him yet. The Budgie Fancy is a dwindling crowd but they are all known to each other and encourage visits to each others aviaries.

Weather check: blue sky, fluffy clouds, warm ( t-shirt on) and the trees are still green here

See you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #2

Re: Thursday thoughts

Feeling a bit odd today. I slept appallingly; what with waking and sitting up with Balie and then poor Sebi wetting his bed and coming down to sleep with us. I keep getting these weird sensations inside of me; kind of like butterflies but accompanied by a shortness of breath. I've got a feeling they are mild panic attacks . . . I hope they don't grow up into major ones!

It's bright and warmish here; OH has just gone to London and he says its raining there.

Dreadful about the budgies PP. There are some sadistic psychos out there who thrive on causing distress to other living things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #3

Afternoon all,
so very sad about Dc's dad and your MIL's friend PP. Also the dreadful attack on the Budgies, it is scary to think there are such Phychos out there.
When i take Malaika to meet her friends there is a lady who has several rescue Dogs from Spain. I was stroking one yesterday and went to give him a cuddle, he flinched. I could have cried and can't bear to think what he's been through.
Yola it does sound as if you are having mild panic attacks, not pleasant at all.
Exciting day for us, we are awaiting Malaika's half brother. He needed a place to stay for a few days so he is coming to us until sat.
Tom is still frisky, he keeps chasing the mysterious architrave creatures.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #4

I'd not heard anything about budgie murders - how sickening. Poor little birds never do anyone any harm.

It was sad about Mr Cameron's father. A horrible shock for the family so soon after the happiness of a new baby.

Yola - I am sending you a couple of bits of info via PM.

OH and I have been on our weekly walk today. We went on a circular route around Harting Down, which really was quite hilly for me, but it was lovely. We saw two separate groups of Roe Deer plus a big stag, buzzards and a kestrel. Managed not to get lost (although I left the map at home!). The countryside was just beautiful. Timed everything well and got home about 10 mins before the rain started!

I would love to know what Tom is spying around your architrave, Shelley. There is bound to be something there! Good luck looking after Malaika's half-brother. I hope they get on well together.

Enjoy your day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #5

Angie, glad you and your O/H had a nice walk and saw the widlife, how lovely.
Whatever Tom sees on the architraves, also lives on the walls. It's realy funny to watch, wish i could capture it on video. He starts yowling and then dashes down the hall, he then either stands on his hind legs after the architrave creatures or up the wall. He has a wild expression on his face and dabs around with his paws.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #6

Hi everyone. Turned unseasonably chilly as a cold front came thru overnight, only 19 C (67 F) with lots of sun but a brisk breeze! Jeans, tee, sweater and warm bedroom slippers; a far cry from yesterday's high of 96 F! To the market and got gin, off to lunch shortly. Nothing exciting happening here.

That is simply horrid about the poor budgies. what an evil person! Yola, do you think a checkup might be in order? Sorry you're feeling so poorly. Angie, another if your interesting walks, such a lot of wildlife you see, Shelley, agree, Tom must be seeing something ...... ???

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #7

Hello all

Flying visit...........I am all over the place

Everyone keeps commenting on how well I look now (and I feel it)......starting to wonder now how bad I looked before....................?....bit honestly I do not care............... I feel so good.

Off out for a curry with friends and just waiting for my lift so thought I would pop on here.

Yola sounds like panic attacks to me must say here I had some when waiting for my Op like my heart was beating so loud anyone could hear it..........scary things.

Everyone be good and if you can't be good make sure you run faster than Mags....

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #8

Kazz, enjoy your curry.
Heard from the early years team, have been given some more hours so now at least i will be earning the same as before. My only gripe is because they have downgraded the post i am now on spinal point 17 instead of 26 so i have to work more to bring in the same money. Makes me mad but i enjoy working with the children.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #9

Oh the bliss to be retired when all the schools have gone back! We went out for a 3 hour walk with Morgan today, mainly along the canal bank to a pub and back again. Strange to think that the canal was built as part of the infrastructure of industry and is now a haven for wildlife, very peaceful with loads of wildfowl. Very few people out and about apart from 3 or 4 other dog walkers. The only fly in the ointment was that the pub was shut!!!!! I blame OH, if we'd set off earlier when I wanted to they would still have been open, he thought it was an open all day pub

Morgan wasn't good on the lead, he's always difficult away from his normal route, too many new and different smells for him to investigate but he was trotting quietly along by the end as he was so tired

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #10

Mrs H,around here the roads seem busier when the kids are in school, lots of school runs at all different times I guess, especially new terms when little ones are half days etc. Lovely day for canal bank walking though bet Morgan loved it, even though there was no chilled beer at the end of it for him

Shelley, so unfair you being downgraded, they probably expect the same work tho

Eileen, seems the Fall is coming your way too, time for long sleeve sweats soon, and curries... enjoy yours Kazz