Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #1

Musical Monday!

Yay! I have my CD player on the computer back ..... how I've missed it. The DVD was still working but the CD sensor/driver had gone kaput. Have a new one now. New project - transferring all my favourite music to my new MP3 player which I had for my birthday, but have not been able to do because the CD player was kaput .................... I don't know where I would have been without Spotify.

Funny day here - very windy and rain is forecast for this afternoon, but the sun is out atm. OH is playing golf, so I expect he'll get soggy.

Kizzy and Pip have new collars this morning. Harley has one, but I can't get it on him yet. K&P do look very smart. Pip has a pink striped one and Kizzy has blue ..... Pip kept his last one for about 4 days. We'll see how long this one lasts. Pet Planet has a sale on basic collars, so I do have some spare ones in the cupboard!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #2

Re: Musical Monday!

Good you've got the music back Angie, where would we be without it!

The nice-looking morning has disappeared here now, it's very gusty and we've already had some rain, only a short shower but there's quite a lot more to come. Molly is sitting glumly in the landing window looking out at next-door's garden, Jason's snuggled up somewhere, they clearly feel it's not a day to be outside longer than necessary.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #3

Hi Angie, MrsH, those to follow! Lovely morning here, sunny and not as cool as yesterday, thank goodness: 22 C (72 F); still have jeans and long sleeved tee on though, not quite shorts and tank weather yet. Will warm up more tomorrow. Quiet holiday, just slept in and pottering; need to trim the ivy out front where it wants to extend itself over the patio flagstones. Leia's been birdwatching; tried to get a shot of the mockingbird she was eyeing but the batteries chose that time to die And of course he was gone by the time I changed them ...

Happy news about the music, Angie. Pics of new collars? What color is Harley's?
Poor cats, MrsH, they do dislike a wet day.

Hope it's a lovely dayfor all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #4

Morning all. I'm up bright and early for some reason. Really weird, first I'm starting to like foods I didn't like and now I'm starting to wake up earlier and earlier. What on earth is happening to me?
Quite chilly, it rained while I was sleeping and looks like it probably will throughout the day as it's very overcast. Will have to shut the windows soon and get them ready for fall/winter if this continues.
Woke up to Solomon next to me on his back, tummy to the ceiling and a little smile on his face. He's so silly. Have I mentioned he's very interested in water? He's starting to follow me into the shower as of late
Don't think I'll do much today. Rainy weather is for computer and reading, I think Have a good day, all!

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #5

Harley's collar is black with little white cat faces on it. They are meant to show up at night!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #6

Hi all - just home from work. Stil feel lousey with this cold so OH is cooking etc.

Came in via utility and two kittens are both sitting side by side watching the washing machine go round and round. Looked quite funny as their wee heads were going with it.

Very windy here but warm too so feels a bit strange if that makes sense.

Glad you've got your music back angieh - I do enjoy being able to put a CD in whenever I like.

Mrs H - I'm always amazed the way animals can predict the weather and decide whether to have an in or out day.

DM - Why is it that batteries work to different priorities than we do???? lol - I'd love to see a mocking bird DM, better luck next time.

You are a bit all over the place Tink - time of year perhaps. I think you could write a book on Solomon. 'Solomons Adventures in Tinkland'

Enjoy the evening peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #7

Evening all. Work for me today but I am now home cooking hubby a chocolate fudge cake for his birthday which is on Wednesday - was going to cook it tomorrow but we are away at the weekend and thought I had better cook it today otherwise it will go to waste!!! LOL I am sure he won't mind having it early. Have a good evening everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #8

Emma, I am drooling at the thought of that cake

Ugh..woke up with a sore throat and thought it would pass..now I am getting sniffly...it's inevitable, I always catch something when fall comes into the scene.
Oh well, more excuse to laze about

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #9

Hmmmm not convinced by the cake myself!!! LOL got a packet mix cake from Tescos and added some more chocolate to it - the topping taste quite nice.. I will let you know if it tastes ok. Wished I done one from scratch now!!! LOL Decided I need to do more baking/making dinner from scatch but it is very time consuming.. not that we eat much convenience food at all.

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #10

It's been absolutely tipping down since just before 6.00 - OH is still not home ...... he was due about 20 mins ago, so I won't panic quite yet.