Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: british blue
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #1

will a bronze curtain rod be pulled from the wall by a cat?!

seems funny but ever since i have had my cat, he has continuously pulled down the curtains in my bedroom, i am now determined to get this fixed, as last time the previous pole fell straight on my foot and fractured it in 2 places!! no longer funny!!
ive been told that bronze poles arewell priced and very sturdy up there on the wall... ive had a little look around and found these examples: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Bronze+cu rtain+rods&_sacat=See-All-Categories and http://www.twenga.com/price-bronze-curtain-rods.html and the styles all look good to me, it will in fact go with the decor anyway...
so really the question is more about if what i have been told is true, does anyone with bronze curtain rods have this problem? does anyone know about different materials and what they mean in the curtain rod world? and if anyone is interior decor inclined then why not help me pick a style if all goes well!!!
thanks guys so much

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #2

Re: will a bronze curtain rod be pulled from the wall by a cat?!

My first thought is that it isn't so much what the curtain rod is made of, but how it is fixed to the wall. I am very sorry to hear that the last pole broke your foot - terrible. Can you say which part gave way - of the curtain rod - not your foot, sorry!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #3

Can you tell us how old your cat is?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #4

Oh dear! Sorry about the foot. I'm no help about the bronze rods, hope someone will have an answer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #5

Hello and welcome to the forum. You certainly sound like you have a mischevious Cat.
I am inclined to agree with angie that it's more likely to be a problem with the fixings rather than the material the pole is made out of.

Cats owned: british blue
04-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #6

oh really? would it not have more to do with the sturdiness of the pole?? i suppose actually the rod did come away from the wall and thats how it fell... it sort of came off the wall completely
so i suppose you may be right
okay so new question! who knows a good handyman??!!
are you guys sure the material of the curtain rod wont make any difference at all? sorry to seem so dim, i just really do NOT understand diy!

also he's coming up to his first birthday, it seems strange, hes so young and light and yet he can pull stuff off the walls!