Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
01-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #11

Re: Please sign my petition re: council collection of dead animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcafc_laura
Thanks for your kind words.

Lexi was the third cat we have lost to RTAs since moving into this house almost 9 yrs ago. She was just 17 months old. She was my baby and I miss her every minute of every day, it's totally broken me. It was awful getting her brought back to us in a yellow disposal bag and the lasting image I have of her is of her laying there, in the same position she often slept in, but with blood round her mouth and ears. I can't get it out of my head. I just hope she died instantly.
What hurts more is she never, ever went out on the road where she was killed, she was just chasing nextdoors cat. The driver who hit her never even stopped, but luckily three lads saw it happen and went straight away to get help, knocking on the ladies door who took her in.

And now I'm crying again...
I know what you mean about the image, it's 2 years almost since I lost Nipper and the image was gruesome, and for months I couldn't bear to look at pictures of her or even think of her (which of course you cant help!) as the last image of her in my mind is the horrible one. It takes time but very slowly you stop remembering it so vividly and remember more how she was when she was happy with you.

Have you spoken to the lady who took her in? This might help you and also answer some of your questions.

All the best x

Cats owned: NA
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #12

yola, tbh I think it's pretty unlikely I will get another cat, definetly whilst living here at least. I was so paranoid about Lexi after what happened to my other two cats. At first I didn't want to let her out at all. Eventually I did and she just stayed in our garden, untill we got new neighbours who had cats and she started to follow them a bit. She still never went far though, their garden and the tenfoot. I have spent so much time thinking if only I didn't get her, if only somebody else got her chances are she would still be alive now. I feel so selfish. I should have learnt after what happened to my last two cats, but then other people live round here have cats too and have no problems.

random, the woman who took her in happens to be my sisters friends mum. she didn't actually see it happen, and only knows what she was told by the boys who saw it. Both she and her neighbour went to check Lexi straight away but she was already dead.

I just wish I could know that she died straight away. All I keep imagining is her laying there fitting or crying, alone. I can't bare the thought of it. I'm just so lonely without her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #13

I'm so sorry for your loss. We all understand your feelings of emptiness.

I think you are wise to decide that your home is too dangerous for outdoor cats. Maybe, when your heart has healed, you might think of rehoming an older cat who needs to be an indoor one? Deaf or poorly sighted cats can be perfectly happy indoors, or older amputees or even the cats who are FIV positive (Is that right? I think so - they remain healthy but they carry the disease and are dangerous to other cats)
Hope you are feeling better today

01-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #14

I'm not sure what I'll do about getting another one really. I can't think about it. I went to RSPCA the other day just for a look round, and I wanted to look after them all. I know it would be selfish so think I'm just going to donate some money after xmas instead.Think I may look into doing some volunteering somewhere too.

Everythings just so hard without her. I had a -very- brief look at the christmas wrapping thread. Lexi would be getting in the way as I cut the paper, almost stabbing herself, then she'd be chewing the sellotape as I put it on. I miss playing fetch with her. I miss her waking me up in the middle of the night to play. It's just unbearable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #15

I'm so sorry the hurt is bad now; it will ease, believe me. Takes time but it will get better. Agree completely with DM about indoor cats; an option for down the road. Please do keep posting if it helps you; most of us have been thru the loss of a beloved cat, we do understand and care........(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #16

So very sorry for your pain and loss. It really will get easier, but that's no help to you now. Just keep posting when you feel able. As Dandysmom says, most of us have lost a beloved cat at one time and we really do understand what you're going through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I'm so sorry for your loss. We all understand your feelings of emptiness.

I think you are wise to decide that your home is too dangerous for outdoor cats. Maybe, when your heart has healed, you might think of rehoming an older cat who needs to be an indoor one? Deaf or poorly sighted cats can be perfectly happy indoors, or older amputees or even the cats who are FIV positive (Is that right? I think so - they remain healthy but they carry the disease and are dangerous to other cats)
Hope you are feeling better today
Yes, kind of-They have a virus and basically are healthy but their immune system is supressed. Some will become ill eventually & they are more prone to snuffles & sneezes. But are generally well & make good house cats.

02-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #18

Thanks everyone for been so caring.
I'm just very lonely without Lexi. I feel totally broken. I get so upset when I think of all the different things we did together, or the things she's never going to get to do. It's snowing today, she hated the snow.
Tomorrow is a month since she died. Think I'm going to post something in the gone but not forgotten board.

I just really want this petition to be a success, I feel I owe it to her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #19

All signed-up Laura, lets hope they do some thing soon

02-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #20

Thanks for signing, yes, lets hope they take notice!