Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #61

Re: Does anyone feed a BARF diet to their Cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
And cook Chloe's mice??? She has only ever bought me worms - and I do them in a nice tomato sauce heated through with a few onions and served on a plate of creamy mash potato!!!

Dont you all do that????????????????????????
@ Donna

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
02-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #62

Beurre blanc and chives, of course! Barbarian!!
All Rover catches are tiny lawn-flies, and I think they're mostly in his imagination as well...

Cats owned: Somalis, DSH
05-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #63

I am too much of a chicken to feed my cats a completely raw diet (I worry too much about supplements and things), but I strongly feel that they need some variety, and that wet/raw food is a necessary part of their diet. So although their basic food is dry biscuits (JWB at the moment), I make a point of feeding them raw food at least a few times a week.

I alternate what I give them - organ meats (heart, kidneys, liver) are very good for them, but since they can contain quite concentrated vitamins they don't get each one more than twice a month. Chicken wings always go down quite well, and occasionally I'll buy a big turkey drumstick which the both of them take turns with. Their absolute favourite thing is the frozen mice we get for our pet snakes - both lads go crackers for them, so normally once a week when we feed the snakes, they get a whole mouse each to run around with like an eejit for ten minutes, then devour.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #64

Can I ask another silly question????????

A couple of you have mentioned chicken wings - do I need to take the bone out, or watch them?

Cats owned: Somalis, DSH
05-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #65

Donna - nope! Bones are absolutely fine for cats, as long as they're uncooked, there's no more risk of them causing an injury than having a cat choke on a cat biscuit ...

Mine enjoy gnawing on bones, and I am sure it is good for their teeth too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Can I ask another silly question????????

A couple of you have mentioned chicken wings - do I need to take the bone out, or watch them?
A couple of my cats will tackle a whole chicken wing Donna. Bones are absolutely fine as long as they are fed raw. Cooked bones are a definite no no

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #67

Thanks you too!!!!

Was like this with my children too!!! Used to cut fruit cocktail up into smaller bits for them lol!!!!!

What a worrier I am!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: longhair
07-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #68

Lily had a fresh sardine tonight...loved it once I'd cut itup into smaller pieces for her!! I think she'll be having more fresh as I've had to stop work and money is very tight at the moment. Oscars is a brilliant food but rather pricey so for now, Lily will have Autarky/Whiskas complete with fresh in the evening.