Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
24-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #1

Never a quiet moment?

Well not even on christmas eve can it be quiet!! On afternoon walk..Ralph went up the enbankment and was out onto the main road by one of the fields we walk (never done this before..the fence was broken n a part)..i tore up after him and managed too get him back..but i didn't see whethere he went onto the actual road or not..he was a little way down the path when i got too him.
He was fine..until about two/three hours ago..i noticed he kept licking his back foot/leg..after about an hour of this he was limping..i thought he had something in his paw..did the bathing and had a look-nothing visible. So after having a nose around and a quick decision making moment, rang the vets..who thankfully have emergency service (god bless our vets) and am waiting for the vet himself to give us a ring back too say what too do (bring him down, vet come out, etc etc).
Looks like it's going to be a long night!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #2

Re: Never a quiet moment?

Good grief Luke!! It definitely is never quiet in your house is it! I hope it's nothing serious with Ralph and that he'll be abck to his normal bouncy self soon. Try not to worry too much, and enjoy your Christmas! ((HUGS))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #3

Luke have you ever tried doing something without mayhem ensuing seriously hope the pups foot turns out to be something and nothing.Could have just grazed it if he reached the road tarmac can be unforgiving. Happy Christmas Karen

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
24-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #4

Vet just got off phone..he talked us through some things..straighten the leg, squeeze the paw etc..call him while holding food! And what we described apparently sounds like he has either got something in his paw, had something there and now its a bit sore or scratched/grazed his paw pads..and it didn't classify as a definate emergency, which is fair enough. Continue bathing in warm water and give them ring back in morning if he hasn't improved.
I swear he will be the death of me! However i shall be onto the city council about how there is quite a large gap in the fencing leading to an embankment, up to a main road-and the sowe valley is a reknowned doggy place. Doesn't seem right too me to be honest

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #5

Hope he's ok Luke, 'cause I dread to think what a vet will charge for a Christmas Day consultation! x

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
24-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Hope he's ok Luke, 'cause I dread to think what a vet will charge for a Christmas Day consultation! x
Not to sound a penny pincher, and there is no price on my pets welfare, however we were told 100 pound before the vet even does anything aka callout charge

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #7

OUCH!! But as you say, no price on your pets welfare (just a stiff brandy to recover from the shock).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #8

Oh wow, Luke, even for a Christmas emergency that seems steep!! But if it's not better by morning, which I hope sincerely it is, then get it looked at. Poor Ralph, and poor you; you've had a really hectic day! May everything quiet down tomorrow, and trust you'll have a lovely day and lot of nice presents! Merry Christmas!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
24-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #9

Oh no Poor you and poor Ralph Luke. Hope his paw is okay.