Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-08-2023, 06:06 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday

Good morning ladies,
It's 4.30pm here and it's been a beautiful sunny day today, up to 18 degrees outside. I think it's going to turn nasty again next week though. I managed to catch up on all my washing and Janna's just bringing the last of it inside now before she feeds the wee birds. The last two days have been good. I think nice weather really helps. I got my hair cut on Friday. It was really long and i got so sick of it. I just went down to the local hair salon and got it all cut off. Gosh, it feels so much better now.

I finally got the drapes up in the lounge thanks to my BIL. They really look terrible. They're a silvery grey colour ,but they've been soaked by the flooding a few times now and you can see the water marks. Also ,they're really creased from being rolled up. There's no point getting new ones, because it will probably flood again. At least they do give us privacy at night and it's a lot warmer in the room as well.

Janna and I have been working on the patch of black mould on the bedroom ceiling. It's proving difficult and awkward to remove entirely, but we'll keep spraying it with white vinegar.and scrubbing at it for a few more days.

Bad news. The cat tower I was getting the "kittens" for their birthday has been discontinued. and isn't available in New Zealand. I can still get one from Australia, but postage may be too high. I'll find out tomorrow when I ring the company I may have a look at the ones available here. if necessary.

Subway for tea tonight courtesy of Janna. We're both going to watch one of the Harry Potter movies on TV tonight - there's a different one on every Sunday night. I rather like them. and Janna loves them.

PAMELA, sorry you had a sleepless night on Friday. I hope you eventually managed to sleep. I'm glad you're feeling better now and are able to go back to the office again. It's always nice to see your work mates again. Robyn's man trailing is going well it seems and fancy Mia wanting the custard creams. She's a clever girl. I hope you're having a relaxing weekend, Pamela, after your busy week at work.

SHELLEY, I hope you are having a super time at the van. I don't know if James and Hannah are still there with you, but if they are, I hope they are enjoying themselves too, along with Chris. Have you seen any more wild animals on your walks ? I guess you're also having fun in the sea as well, that is if the weather permits.

Well ladies,I'm off now to fold the dry washing and put it away. I hope both your dads are continuing to do well. No Pamela, the young man has not found his German Shepherd yet. I pray that the dog turns up unharmed.soon. I know that the police are on the case.

Have a lovely relaxing weekend Pamela and Shelley, and may the sun shine for you today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-08-2023, 09:07 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday

Morning ladies,

Its actually quite nice here today. Getting ready soon to walk the girls then go out and about might even get the motorbikes out for the first time in around 6 weeks!! Today is also a special day or Robyn as its her first "gotcha day!!" Cant believe thats a year already she has been here and we are also officially her longest home she has been in and she is going nowhere!! We got her a new toy for this morning and Mia got some treats so she wasnt left out!!

Dinky your new curtains sound nice. Glad you managed to get them up. They will definitely give you more warmth and privacy at night especially when Janna is working late. Wow!! sounds like you had a big haircut! Sounds lovely though! We got a mould spray for our bathroom and it seems to have worked. Our old flat used to suffer badly from mold as well. Thats rubbish about the cat tower. I do hope you manage to get another one.

Shelley, i hope you are having a lovely time at the caravan still How has the weather been?