Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-08-2023, 06:33 AM   #1

Sunny Monday

Good morning ladies,
Monday 5pm here and it's been a lovely sunny day with no wind. I managed to wash all our bed sheets as well as a load of other stuff and am just airing the sheets in the dryer, although they feel perfectly dry. The "kittens" had a great birthday on Saturday and are looking forward to getting their new cat tower. Janna worked yesterday until 8pm but I wasn't nervous, even though it was a really dark night. A strange coincidence happened yesterday. A little 2 year old girl wandered away from her home in Auckland yesterday afternoon The police began a search almost immediately and my prayer group were praying that she would be found safe. She was found wandering the streets around 8pm last night and she was fine. Strangely, her name was Willow. Then I was reading the news to find that a German Shepherd dog had been stolen from a property in Shirley. He belongs to a young man visiting Christchurch from the West Coast to be with his dying mother who is in hospital. he brought his big dog with him and the dog was staying at his mate's place when it was stolen from the back yard. The young man is desperate to find his beloved dog. The dog's name is Hades, which was the name of a neo mastiff that my husband and I had when we were newly married. I do so hope that Hades is found . It just seemed strange that both Willow and Hades both came up last night.

Peter, my BIL is coming back tomorrow to try and do the drapes again, this time with smaller screws, so I hope it goes better than last time. I'm also going to do my fortnightly shop tomorrow with . Just going to have frozen pizza tonight, as neither of us are hungry. Janna bought me subway for lunch today and very nice it was too. In fact, I'm just thinking that soup might be nicer as pizza tends to be a bit filling. I'll see what Janna wants.

PAMELA, I'm so pleased that you're now testing negative and are feeling so much better. You're a real trooper, Pamela, for being able to work right through covid. I hope your bosses appreciate all your hard work. I'm sorry that your friend has been admitted to hospital, and I hope she is feeling much better now. It's great that your dad is good now and he'll be looking forward to heading off to Bulgaria again. Hopefully his friend will look after him well and the two of them won't get up to too much mischief !!! Even though your date night on Saturday didn't turn out the way you planned, it sounded as if you had a great time at Steven's sisters house and then enjoyed that indian takeaway. I hope all your washing got dry yesterday. It always makes me feel so good when I get my washing dry outside. Bedding does take a great deal of drying though and it's a pain to wash and peg out on the line., but isn't it nice to snuggle up to nice clean sheets at night ?. I love it.

SHELLEY, it sounds as if there must be some lovely nature walks near where you are staying ,as well as beach walks. Fancy seeing a couple of deer the other day in the wild. Did you manage to find anything nice when you visited the town ? I hope you were able to restock your food shelves when you went grocery shopping. It must be super being with James and Hannah again and it will be nice for Chris too. Did you have a nice meal at the Cock Inn on Saturday night ? Poor Howard is missing out on his holiday. At least he'll be back to join you.

Well ladies, I've decided on soup tonight ,but not until later tonight. Going to go and make up the beds again now, then watch the news on TV.

Have a wonderful Monday Pamela and Shelley, and love to all Catsey furbabies.