Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired
24-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #11

Re: Hi from me and Joey......

Hi CM.....thanks too for the welcome

I'm putting a pic of Joey up shortly......so maybe you could tell me whether the vet was right in being part Burmese...CPL guessed he had something oriental in him as he's very lanky and sometimes has those siamesey type eyes. But then he morphs back into a plain black cat!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #12

Many kittens that have a Siamese as one parent will be black; my friends brown tabby had 3 all black kittens with a Sealpoint tom. And there were suspiciously many other black kittens in the neighborhood. Don't know if that works with Burmese, though.

Oh, and the fetching is another Siamese trait, my boy did it ... although he never responded to commands!

Catsey Junior

24-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #13

Ah - that's very interesting Eileen......never knew that. The CPL thought he might be siamesey, it was the vet who said burmese...

I've had a few cats and kittens in the past, and they all have their individual character.....but Joey's just......................odd.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
24-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #14

Hello and welcome to Catsey. Your Joey is a stunning and he sounds like a very sweet thing! I have 3 cats, Harry, Vinnie and Lola. My boys can play fetch, roll over and if I say 'put your head on the pillow' they come and lie down next to me. Quite sweet. Lola.. well she understands when its dinner time, thats her skill!!

Catsey Junior

24-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #15

Hi Manyana......thank you I've just seen your three beauties, they look so pretty, gentle and friendly.....and very clever......haven't got round to trying "roll over" yet....that must be quite something to see !

(Do members on here prefer to be called by their cat (avatar) names, or real names, I wasn't sure........?????)

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #16

(Do members on here prefer to be called by their cat (avatar) names, or real names, I wasn't sure........?????)

Either is fine with me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
25-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezz
Hi Manyana......thank you I've just seen your three beauties, they look so pretty, gentle and friendly.....and very clever......haven't got round to trying "roll over" yet....that must be quite something to see !

Thank you!

I really don't mind personally if I am called by my profile name or my real one (Maryann)! I don't think many people mind.

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #18

What I did when I was new was, if they had their real name below post, I would use it; if not, used username.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #19

hey there, Joey sounds like hes goiong to be a bundle of fun. Thats really nice how he picked you

A big welcome from me and Harris

By pamela81 at 2010-09-17

Catsey Junior

29-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #20

Hi Pamela and Harris....I can't believe how much Harris has grown since I saw him on the clothes horse!