Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Ragdoll British short hair cross Ab
24-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #11

Re: Training my kitten

Hi I have 4 cats and they choose were they sleep the only place they dont go is the kitchen benches and that is because with a lot of time spent lifting them down when they get up they kind of learnt that they will only get put back on the floor hope this might help but like they other people say cats have there own mind and really please themselves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #12

Welcome to the forum, i can't wait to see pics of your new Kitten.
I agree with what everyone else says, Cats choose where they will sleep, with mine i find they will sleep in one place for a few weeks and then move on to another place.
Get her a comfy basket etc and she may decide to use it but i definately think she will want to sleep on the furniture too Throws are a good idea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #13

Shelley, mine have always done that too; sleep in one spot for a while then change. I have always assumed it was a holdover from their wild ancestors: sleep in one place too long and your scent will lure a predator.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #14

Merlin often changed his sleeping spots - Kizzy and Pip rarely do though. Always on the bed with OH and I - I love having them on the bed, makes me feel safe and secure somehow. OH, being a tall chap sometimes finds they get in the way of a good night's sleep, but he still won't move them! Big softie! (Best sort really!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #15

I was referring to daytime sleeping spots; always the bed with me at night. Your OH does sound line a good 'un

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #16

hey there, we have just got a kitten at the weekend there, we have tried to show him where his bed is but so far he likes to sleep either on our bed (at my side because hes a mummys boy!!) or in his cat carrier where i found him sound asleep at 3am this morn.