Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
16-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #1

Hello

Hello

No kitties at the minute although we do have our names down for a few days old cream tabby! I have wanted a cat for soooo long and now am moving for good to the sea/country - well its complicated I have had my own home for a long time, moved back to my parents some years ago to take care of my mum after her stroke. Dad died suddenly some months ago and now mum is going to move to mine. Still in the moving process

Anyway had cats growing up and mum always loved cats so now we will be settled and time is ripe so..................

We also have 3 Boxers aged 10, 5 and 3. So any advice on introduction is welcome. I should mention I have helped with stray/feral cats over the past few years so the dogs are used to adult cats coming about but obviously there is a difference between an adult and baby kit.

Look forward to chatting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #2

Re: Hello

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #3

Hi, a warm welcome to Catsey!

How exciting that you'll soon be the proud owner of a lovely kitten

We have members here who have both cats and dogs so hopefully they will be along shortly to give you some advice and share their experiences with you.

Hope you enjoy the forum, if you get stuck on anything, just give a shout and someone will be along to help you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #4

Hi and welcome! Look forward to hearing about the new kitten and lots of pics!

Catsey Veteran

17-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi and welcome! Look forward to hearing about the new kitten and lots of pics!

I just know the kitten is days old, dont even know if it is a girl or boy. It was born in a cat sanctuary.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
17-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #6

Hi there and welcome to Catsey!

we have just done the reverse to you by introducing a puppy into a household with 2 cats... the most sensible thing i can advise you of is to obviously introduce the kitten to the dogs under constant supervision..and at a time when the dogs are relaxed and to make sure that you hold the cat or have them in a carrier so the cat cant run away.. the dogs wont chase the cat if it doesn't run...if your dogs are accustomed to cats then it shouldn't be too much of a problem...our puppy is a bit boisterous for our older cat (george) and as such George give the puppy a wide berth... our young cat (Harry (15 month female) has let our puppy who whos boss... even though he sometimes still chases her...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #7

Hi there! Sorry no advice about dogs and kitten. But a bit envious of kitten - what a fun filled time you're in for! Not to be missed IMO. Pip (G&W) arrived with us last August aged 9 weeks. He grew SO quickly and we still can't believe he was that small - of course we have loads of photos to prove it though! Good luck with the introductions.

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo

Hi there and welcome to Catsey!

we have just done the reverse to you by introducing a puppy into a household with 2 cats... the most sensible thing i can advise you of is to obviously introduce the kitten to the dogs under constant supervision..and at a time when the dogs are relaxed and to make sure that you hold the cat or have them in a carrier so the cat cant run away.. the dogs wont chase the cat if it doesn't run...if your dogs are accustomed to cats then it shouldn't be too much of a problem...our puppy is a bit boisterous for our older cat (george) and as such George give the puppy a wide berth... our young cat (Harry (15 month female) has let our puppy who whos boss... even though he sometimes still chases her...
Had to smile - Tim took one look at our rather astonished dogs [sadly only have 2 now] arched his back and spat/hissed at them.

Growing up with dogs and bossing them about - we think he has a bit of a personality complex in that he thinks he is a dog!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #9

hey there,

welcome to catsey, looking forward to seeing pics of your new kitten

from me and harris

By pamela81 at 2010-09-17

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #10