Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

The William saga unveiled..

For a few months on and off William has been dissapearing for days on ends, then returning, then going again, it began at the start of summer. I was convinced that due to his disposition of being a tart, he had took up lodgings elsewhere under the title of tigger, or ginge, or fluffy, and was playing his role out quite convincingly.
However I had started to notice that lately when he returns, he looks a bit unkept..a bit unloved. I attempted to collar him, as Maxwell too now is, to make them visually look a bit more owned...being "just william" he managed to get said collar off before he even reached the bottom of the garden, so that didn't work too well. But I did collar him again..with a disk with details on.
I just received a phonecall, from a very nice lady about a mile or so away...she lives on the other side of the fields that are to the rear of where we live..she rang to say that my lovely fluffy ginger and white puss had spent lengths of summer...get this...
sleeping/living in her henhouse and that she often finds him asleep in the hay when egg collecting, that she had presumed he was just a well kept wanderer but thought she'd contact me when she saw the collar and tag to inform me of his lodgings.
I can only assume he goes to catch the mice (she said she has a big problem) and stumbled across this little house whilst over the fields hunting..and potentially roamed a bit further then usual, and found his own cat holiday cottage.
He's a daft sod he really is, most cats would abuse their freedom to gain extra meals at homes 1,2 and 3..he takes lodgings in a henhouse...he really is the oddest of boys, he always has been "just William" ever since days old!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #2

Re: The William saga unveiled..

What a fascinating story Luke - so glad that you have found out the truth of Just William's summer whereabouts. How nice of the lady to phone you - I guess you are all happy now - you know where he's going, the lady knows that he has a caring home and William gets his pick of the mice!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #3

*laughs* what a brilliant end to the story.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

So the mystery is solved! I guess he doesn't need to scrounge food from the lady if he's eating his mice .... does he? What an interesting story.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
12-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #5

What a darling boy!! Outdoor access cats always have a 2nd home.

My Putney did exactly the same thing, only he used to wander off in the wee hours and we never knew where he was or what he was up to until the lady on the farm down the road knocked on my door one day asking whose cat it was spending days in her stables and yard having a field day keeping the rat population down!! He was a city gent found wandering the streets of Putney in London just crying; a real hit with the lady cats here (despite being neutered) and such a sweet and protective gentleman towards my other cats. Caught 4 mice, voles, shrews a day when he 1st moved in ('to the country'), he had a full life *sigh*.

...Like dear Putney, your boy is having a whale of a time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #6

We know that our Pip goes into one neighbour's house behind us. She's a nice woman that I am on friendly terms with - I said to her what a cheeky monkey he is and I hoped she didnt mind. She said he's a lovely gentle boy and no bother. Just learned today that he spends a lot of time in the Manor House garden, catching their mice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #7

That story did give me a smile. Good that you know he is safe when he disappears.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
13-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #8

What a fab boy he is, a true gent to help this lady out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #9

What a lovely story, thanks for sharing. Fancy choosing a hen house, maybe the hens are good company.
I once had a beautiful white cat that shared himself around two other homes. I used to drive pst these houses and see him sat on their window sills, inside.