Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Balinese & 9 others
23-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #31

Re: Cat dreams

I often dream of my cats Jodie (disappeared) and Smudge (rehomed, now living in Manchester) they come to visit me for a while, in my dreams I try to follow Jodie to find out where she is but always loose her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #32

That is very strange about the ghostly scent of tobacco and whisky ..... olfactory ghosts???

I am sorry to hear about Jodi, Bronte-sis - must be heart-rending to follow her in your dreams and lose her again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #33

Had a horrible dream last year....I dreamt Cleo was in the car with me....no idea why (although she would get in the car is allowed she loved it...always in the car when I as cleaning it or it was open on the drive) but thats dreams for you and she either jumped out or I let her out and she was chasing something....it did not seem to bother me but then whatever she was chasing turned round and chased her and then it caught her!!!!!!!!!!!! it woke me up...really really scary.

But generally no I don't dream about cats, but like Eileen I don't recall my dreams very often.

Yours sounds a lovely dream Angie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How fascinating! Thanks for sharing that; did you rescue the torcs? It must be an incredible feeling holding something like that from our past.

Re skepticism...maybe there's a sort of statute of limitations, so to speak about hauntings ...the energy or whatever dissapates with time? The so called King Tut's Curse wasn't true.....

In my younger days I wanted to be an archaeologist .....
We found a few torcs (about 70 I think). My husband used to be a photographer for the British Museum which is why he was called there and was only given a long weekend to get married! We didn't really mind as it was a once in a lifetime chance.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...gold_torc.aspx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #35

Thanks for that link, very interesting. You do wonder why they were all buried together line that........

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #36

That's amazing cats' staff. Thanks for posting that link - very interesting. Yes, wonder why they were all buried together - can only presume that the village was under attack and the torcs were buried to save them from being stolen. Who knows????

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #37

Sorry about your scary dream Kazz - that does sound horrid, especially if it woke you up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Thanks for that link, very interesting. You do wonder why they were all buried together line that........
There are as many theories about that as archaeologists that dug them! Possibly as Angie said it may have been for safekeeping. Sorry to hijack a feline thread! PM me if you want to chat more about archaeology

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #39

Perhaps we ought to have an archaeology thread?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #40

I'd like that!