Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
07-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #11

Re: Kitten prices

i have never paid for a moggy, the people selling them for 100 might find them hard to sell as there will be many black and white kittens out there, i can see why some one might pay for a kitten is it was the colour that they wanted like Fran did

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #12

Apparently there are areas in the country with a kitten shortage - I wish the rescues would get their heads together. The local rescue could do the homecheck and then the adoptees could go and collect the kitten - as long as not to far away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #13

Misty found me, I rehomed Patches and Leia, no charge, I paid $25.00 for Su-ling (Siamese) way back in the early 70s, $50.00 for Sultan (Aby) in the 80s, and $300.00 for Dandy (Singapura) in the 90s.

For the record, the fee here in Washington at the Humane Society to rehome a cat is $65.00. Spay/neuter and shots included in the fee....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #14

I have never paid a thing for any of my cats.

And if I were asked for that ai would walk away.

However if I rehomed from a "proper" rescue like CP for instance, I would happily donate about £100 there abouts to cover their costs and offset those who pay nothing..or very little.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I have never paid a thing for any of my cats.

And if I were asked for that ai would walk away.

However if I rehomed from a "proper" rescue like CP for instance, I would happily donate about £100 there abouts to cover their costs and offset those who pay nothing..or very little.
Thanks Kazz - always helpful to know "in the region of" - and I am perfectly happy to accept that a "donation" to a cat rescue is quite different to "paying" an individual for a kittie.

Catsey Veteran

07-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Thanks Kazz - always helpful to know "in the region of" - and I am perfectly happy to accept that a "donation" to a cat rescue is quite different to "paying" an individual for a kittie.

There again can't see me getting another cat from a pet home, a such as I will only have moggies and they will come from rescues such a the CP. ...if and when I get another cat that is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #17

Troy and Chesters mum has now being spayed and so has her daughter from the last litter so i know what i brought them for went to getting something done. I wouldnt have beign allowed to have any cats where i am living through the Rspca or cp as i live in a upstairs flat. I never regreted buying them the only thing i regret is that i never went back for Kado's brother.

jane

Catsey Veteran

07-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Troy and Chesters mum has now being spayed and so has her daughter from the last litter so i know what i brought them for went to getting something done. I wouldnt have beign allowed to have any cats where i am living through the Rspca or cp as i live in a upstairs flat. I never regreted buying them the only thing i regret is that i never went back for Kado's brother.

jane
See as far as I would be concerned living in an upstars flat should not preclude anyone from having a cat the CP adn other rescues who turned you down have in effect boosted the cat pet market while losing a good home for a rescue......shame. Although I know not all recues think like this it does appear to be a personal "area" descision.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #19

I paid for mine but not even half of that, except Jennie who I think was £50, not sure, but a donation to the rescue.

Nipper and Tucker I wasn't charged for as they were born to a stray cat on my pal's farm, but I did give her about £50 I think, for the 2 of them, for what she had spent on them as she took in the mum and kittens and did everything right for them and kept mum.

Tabs I paid £2 for back in 1993.

Vitaani I think I gave the woman £30, she wasn't really for sale but had been kept in a cage since the lady got her and was still only about 6 weeks old when I got her, so left mum very early and the lady who got her, well god only knows why she got her to put in a cage. Anyway, I sort of bribed her to let me have her for money and she did. Enough said really!

Kiara I think I paid £400 for. She was being fostered by the breeder of her mum as her mum's owner had to go into a woman's refuge suddenly and had to give back her cats to their breeder which included Kiara's mum and their litter. I could have had Kiara or one from another litter which was the breeder's actual litter but I fell for the sob story of Kiara's litter.

And Anakin I paid £40 for, which I regret fueling but, well, you know the story behind him and the only thing I regret more is not being able to take all 3 kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
07-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado

jane
CP wouldn't let me have one either as I had a child under 5 years, despite him already living with a cat and 3 dogs when I was looking and being completely fine with them, they refused to even to come out and meet him so I could show them he was good with all animals.