Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #1

New BBC article on our dumped cats!

We're also getting a lot of abandoned cats in Reading - much like the rest of the country unfortunately. Here is an press release I wrote which the journalist has expanded on following a conversation with me yesterday. She's got some of the facts a bit muddled but essentially it's very good to be able to get such levels of exposure for the plight of our cats.

Just had an email from our co-ordinator and she has TWENTY EIGHT cats in the pens in her garden none of which show much signs of movement new-home wise And that's just her never mind the other fosterers!!!!! Scary litter duty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/conte..._feature.shtml

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #2

Re: New BBC article on our dumped cats!

It's very sad for those cats and kittens Yola and you're right that it is excellent to get the problem exposed in the press. I've never ever understood people who can dump an older animal because they are getting a new model for Christmas. IMO that is just pure callousness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #3

So many - what a shame
And the problem needn't really arise - with neutering vouchers etc it should be a case of 'Every kitten a wanted kitten'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #4

Oh don't get me started on neutering My step-son and his missus have done NOTHING to neuter their year old cat . . . I have had to organise the vouchers, the vet . . . everything. There is a serious lack of intertia with so many people to get things done

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #5

A good article Yola but so sad that this has to be brought to the nations attention.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #6

Hopefully the publicity will spur some folks in to arranging neutering and others to offer homes for some of those who are waiting.

Good article btw