Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #11

Re: Do you let your cats sleep on the bed?

Oh yes - as he has got older Merlin nearly always sleeps on our bed, though not always for the whole night. He didn't used to as a young cat though. Not sure when he started - probably as he needed the warmth more. He has a cat blanket at the bottom of the bed and generally sleeps there, or maybe on my feet, legs, knees, thighs or hips. I particularly like it when he curls up behind my knees - that is very comfy, but he doesn't do that very often!

I love the sound of a man who will sleep in the spare bed so as not to disturb sleeping cats - that's a complete softie of a man!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
17-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #12

Yes, all but Tabatha have the option to sleep on the bed. We have a king sized bed and even then it isn't big enough for us all!
And we only got it so there would be space for everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
17-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #13

Our cats have all day to sleep on our bed. We have tried to let them nap with us at night but they are just too hyper. They have plenty of warm cozy places to snuggle up in. We love seeing their cute little faces when we open the door in the morning - They are the purrfect fuzzy greeting! They bring smiles to our faces every morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
17-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #14

on a few occasions when charlie has fallen asleep on the sofa. i end up with the boys sleeping on his side of the bed. and they get most put out when he comes into bed.

Cats owned: indoor female and male
daveyjones is Male
19-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #15

mitzy always on bed till i go to bed then when i wake up she is there bless her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #16

Alfie has always slept on his blsnket at our feet. SOmetimes he goes thru' to the coal fire or the aga.

Kinsi sleeps on the pillow beside me and snuggle under the duvet if it is cold. She purrs and chin bumps me until she is asleep. If I move her in the night she just gives wee kitten moans and snuggles back in. OH is quite restless so she sticks by me.

Cali sleeps of floor at foot of bed at the radiator.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
20-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #17

[quote=angieh;520554]Oh yes - as he has got older Merlin nearly always sleeps on our bed, though not always for the whole night. He didn't used to as a young cat though. Not sure when he started - probably as he needed the warmth more. He has a cat blanket at the bottom of the bed and generally sleeps there, or maybe on my feet, legs, knees, thighs or hips. I particularly like it when he curls up behind my knees - that is very comfy, but he doesn't do that very often!

I love the sound of a man who will sleep in the spare bed so as not to disturb sleeping cats - that's a complete softie of a man![/QUOTE]

Yep, my OH is very much a softie when it comes to the cats, he spoils them absolutely rotten......and they KNOW it LOL! He also will sleep all night on his back (which causes him severe pain the next day) if Miw decides she's going to spend the night on his chest. And if she decides she wants to sleep under the duvet, he'll sleep with his knees drawn up all night so she can sleep under them LOL! Miw frequently spends the night on his chest, periodically waking up throughout the night to kiss him or nuzzle him, or give him a quick wash LOL I tell him it's because he snores and she thinks he's purring! He's a bit of a cat-lover........more than a bit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
And I'm sure yours do this too...when you get up to go to the loo they grab the warm spot!!!
Actually I swear on cold winter nights Smudge kneads the bladder area just to get me to move so she can nick the warm spot.... how does she know? Do they have human anatomy lessons as kittens?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
23-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Actually I swear on cold winter nights Smudge kneads the bladder area just to get me to move so she can nick the warm spot.... how does she know? Do they have human anatomy lessons as kittens?
Miw does that too LOL! Here she is after nicking the warm spot.....OH was her accomplice and even covered her up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-11-2008, 03:05 AM   #20

What a lovely pic of Miw!