Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
11-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #11

Re: Pet Insurance

I am with pet plan and have never had a problem with them. They always pay even with busters ashma they pay out.

The only things to watch with insurance is that the cat is covered for the length of the problem (well up to the total which is £4000 per yer for buster)and for the life of the animal.

best of luck

Sally

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #12

Thanks for all the feedback and help

I was comparing AXA and petplan, and petplan only cover up to £4,000 vet bills, but AXA cover £7,000. Also, Petplan was £10 per month whilst AXA was £7. Although in the Petplan form I did specify there were two cats, but it said the quote was for Darcy and I'm not sure if £10 was for one or both

I've got six week of the Pet Plan from CP left anyway so taking my time over it. They're indoor cats so not likely to get into accidents, and they're not pedigree so a lesser risk of conditions forming but I would feel so much better with some cover.

Cheers for your help everyone Will let you know what I choose in the end.

P.S. My brain is completely money orientated at the moment as I just got my first energy bill through in my new flat which is white meter, and OH MY. Have prices risen or WHAT?! My planned trip into town for a wee bit of shopping had to be cancelled, so I'm on Catsey instead hehehe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Mine are with petplan, have had no probs at all and very quick at sorting out claims. They will also deal with your vet direct so that you don't actually need to stump up the money then claim back as some insurance companies do operate this way
Actually Fran I think that's at the discretion of the vets practice rather than dependent on insurance

My insurance companies would all pay the vets direct, but my vets don't accept that (except in emergencies or exceptional circumstances) so I always have to pay first and then claim it back.

Almost a Veteran Member

13-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #14

Thanks for the info Fran, and making it clear charliebubs! I've read a few threads on insurance and was getting confused about paying out etc. I'm in the process of looking for a vet now and may actually enquire straight out whether they go to the insurance company or I have to...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: semi longhaired
13-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #15

I have oscar insured with Tescos.. it costs £5.90 a month

Almost a Veteran Member

13-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #16

Cheers Diddeen, will check that out too

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
27-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #17

I'm after insurance for the two new kittens, sounds like petplan is the way to go.

Anyone had any bad experiences with petplan?