Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #21

Re: Legalities regarding stray cat

What a sweetheart! So glad you've got him back x

Cats owned: Domestic,Shorthaired,Siamese cross
Gazo is Male
13-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #22

Hi all,
He is slowly learning to use the litter boxes now, which is a great relief, although if we accidentally leave a bathroom door open he may leave us a present. We caught him peeing on the toilet last weekend, very strange!!!!

Anyway, the biggest worry we now have is that he tries to hump me. Whether it be my arm when he has come for cuddles or when comforting himself on me. The latter, he never seems quite comfy enough on me, constantly moving his rear legs to try and get in the right position. Considering it has been 4 weeks since his operation, is this normal for a teenage boy? I've never had a male cat before, so a behaviour guide may be worth reading?

Anyway, thanks for listening again, you're a great bunch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #23

Hi,
glad to hear Ozzie is getting the hang of his litter trays, i have heard of cats useing toilets before, i'd be letting him do that unless he's soiling else where in the bathroom.
No idea about the humping, i didn't realise cats did that to humans, i know dogs can do.
Maybe his hormones haven't settled yet.
I know with dogs that it can be a way of trying to dominate.
When our male dog tries it on i make it clear it's not acceptable behaviour.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
16-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #24

Swirl does that to me, he also has a go at the fluffy purple throw on the sofa. OH caught him trying to have a go at Huggins the other day. I have had neutered toms who will try and have a go at other toms. Perhaps it is a dominance thing. Glad Ozzie is using the tray now, we had a she cat who used the loo and another who weed in the bath sometimes.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
17-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #25

Hi Gazo, I had a cat once who would enjoy 'humping' the throw whenever he settled down to sleep after washing, he too was a long time stray and we think he was used for breeding for a long time, found wandering the streets, he used to wee everywhere he could when 1st indoors. He was a gentle soul, a real rough diamond, and a real protector and 'big daddy' to my other 3 cats. I do miss him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #26

Myshka tries to hump Kiki regularly. Stupid fluff. He was done as a youngster and is now nearing 9 years old. Kiki is spayed too so really there is no excuse. He also used to do it to OH's leg in bed, which was hysterically funny.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
06-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Myshka tries to hump Kiki regularly. Stupid fluff. He was done as a youngster and is now nearing 9 years old. Kiki is spayed too so really there is no excuse. He also used to do it to OH's leg in bed, which was hysterically funny.
My boy was neutered very early and had never heard or been near an entire cat until the wee girl feral I took in who is living under my bed came into season lasI week.. Poor boy was horrified! raced round in circles on the landing then went to door after door to try to get out..... If they are the same as dogs, if they have been neutered after the hormones kicked in they will have" hormone memory" for a long while after the op