Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #31

Re: Do you let your cat lick your face?

If princess Posh is pleased with me she will come and rub noses,but never licks me. She sniffs in my face with a very superior look. We like head rubs and 'cwtches' (special welshy cuddles) but she has tried to lick Bronnie's ears and feet; which freaks Bron out!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: selkirk rex, ragdoll
22-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #32

my 18 week old ragdoll has lol he always licks my cheeks

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired cross
15-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #33

I love it when the cat licks my nose. I pet her, so why shouldn't I let her pet me back?

Admittedly, when people express distain for an animal licking a person's face, I don't let on that it doesn't worry me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
15-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys
Admittedly, when people express distain for an animal licking a person's face, I don't let on that it doesn't worry me.
I am the same

Lola will lick my face when I am asleep, it is really weird, she also sometimes licks my eyelids when I am asleep - which is a really strange sensation.... especially when you wake up to it.

Harry wouldn't dare lick anybody, he is far too superior for that and Vinnie will lick, but not my face!

Cats owned: maine coons
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #35

Every morning my Oliver (maine coon) jumps on my lap and says good morning by a slight touching of my lips with his, a good morning kiss, then he settles down on my lap for about half an hour. Apart from that, neither cat licks me. I wouldn't mind if they did.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Fluffy tailed kitty
30-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #36

Trishka will sometimes give me a nose kiss on my mouth if I'm lucky, she took to mainly doing it while I was in the bath but she's not much of a face-licker! I like it when she licks me, it's adorable, but she is more of a pawer than a licker (nothing like a whack on the nose with a paw at 5am!)
Face I wouldn't mind, but what I just can't stand (the bf loves it though) is when she dries our feet with her tongue when we've had a shower. Hate my feet being touched, and a tickly kitty tongue is just too much to bear!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
03-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #37

My two never lick my face , even if i put it in front of them, they turn their heads and "butt" up against my head and purr like mad!! They both love being close up, but they have only licked my fingers or hands!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #38

We get headbutts from Harris and he also licks our eye lids and our cheeks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
02-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #39

ronnie will lick the top of my feet!!! (feels quite nice actully lol) and reggie has licked my eyelids when he wanted me to wake up. oh and ronnie will lick my finger when im stroking him. think he was being lazy and wanted me to groom him

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #40

Chesi licked my nose for the 1st time ever this morning! Twice so never say never. (He usually just likes to have a good old nosey in my mouth when I yawn, I'm sure he was dentist in a past life ).