Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #1

pay as you go... best tariff?

Anyone know any good PAYG deals/tarrifs? I'm looking for low user, mainly texting. Been looking at them all & think I know what to get. I've never been on PAYG so it's all a bit new & confusing.
{PS it's not for me, but for the 2 naughty nippers}

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
23-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #2

Re: pay as you go... best tariff?

Cant give an opinion on others, I have always used Orange, contract and PAYG. Always been happy with them, they give you X amount each months free to use on anything if you top up with certain amounts. I think I put £15 in one month (new phone, playing with it!) and I got an extra £4 free.

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #3

It seems that orange are the most expensive for texting/low usage though. I think we will be going for 02 as you get free texts each month with £10 top up. It's so confusing though with all the different ones out there.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
23-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #4

I used to be on vigin which was pretty cheap for texts, but I had no reception at home or at work, so have switched to vodafone instead.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #5

Both my children were on O2 with the free text facility until Tom just recently went on contract with Orange. Em is still on O2 and I am considering switching back to O2 as I have never been happy since i have been with 3pay...

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Both my children were on O2 with the free text facility until Tom just recently went on contract with Orange. Em is still on O2 and I am considering switching back to O2 as I have never been happy since i have been with 3pay...
Thankyou for that Fran, that's helpful. My husband has been with 02 for years & their customer servce is excellent in my opinion, that goes a long way doesn't it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
22-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #7

Im with o2 and have been for 4 years its a pay monthly tarriff and I think they are the best. Yes Smudgley I also think their customer service is great.
Im on a £20 a month Tariff 300 minutes and 500 txt. Not sure if they do it anymore though for new customers as it was a couple of years ago.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #8

I am a very occasional mobile user - bought it quite a few years ago when I travelled about on my own a lot for my job and carried it for emergencies. Been with O2 all the time and have only used Pay & Go. I am looking to get a new mobile for my OH (his SIM went fut) - can't find out if you can just buy a new SIM - does anyone know?

This is a link to tariffs from Carphone Warehouse - not sure how much they differ store to store

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/com...RD.PAYGTARIFFS

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #9

http://www.ukphoneshop.com/Mobile_Phone_Simcards.asp

There are all kinds here Angie...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 tabby's
22-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #10

Nobody had mentioned 3mobile. I have a contract with them and their customer service is fantastic. They have lots of different deals.

Check this out...

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/index.omp

You can get a really good phone or a cheep one but the tariffs are good and lots to chose from.

Lots of my friends have 3, my sister has 3 and I will be signing another 18 month contract when mine expires.

Hope this helps. x