Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #1

New Tricks

Anybody like this programme?
I'm very new to it - just one or two old episodes and then this new series (Monday night had killer cats!) I suspect it is terribly formulaic and that one might soon get bored. However, in the meantime i am enjoying the acting of James Bolan and his growing to accept his widowerhood, the teeth of Dennis Waterman (!!!! - how has he got so old whilst I haven't? - I remember him as Just William, in the Sweeney and Minder etc etc. Think he's basically the same character! ) and the dotty boffin of Alun Armstrong, together with Amanda Redman's fine chest and Susan Jameson's practical down to earthness.
We saw Alun Armstrong in a fantastic performance of Les Miserables, when he was the Master of the House. Amazing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #2

Re: New Tricks

I think I might have seen one or two episodes a couple of years back when the series started (is it the one about the retired coppers pulled out of retirement?). However, not seen it since as I did find it a bit 'pedestrian' and it didn't really grip me like, for instance 'Spooks' or 'Waking the Dead'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #3

I haven't seen it. When is it on DM?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #4

Monday 9pm BBC1 Fran.
Yes Yola, - that's the one. Pedestrian is a reasonable word - I'm fine with it now but I'm sure ten or a dozen episodes will be enough and three or four series would drive me crazy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #5

I dont think ive ever seen this x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #6

seen a couple of episodes havent gone outta my way to watch it though.... not my cuppa tea