Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #1

Drs ronnie and reggie

this time last week (exact time as well) i had to go to hospital (by ambulance) i had a stomach bug, but was really poorly. so spent quite a few days in bed,. and guess who i had by my side all the time. yep my 2 boys, they knew i was poorly and was *looking after me* bless them they are a sweet pair. on the sunday lunchtime. charlie came and sat on the side of the bed and he was given the most disgusted look ive ever seen off ronnie. he walked out the bedroom all stuff legged and gave charlie a tail flick and went outside lol poor ronnie was most put out.
and now im on the men (slowly just need some energy now) they are still keeping an eye on me.
but i did have to draw the line at reggie wanting to stand on my stomach. that was too painfull.
they have also decided that they like the hotwater bottle lol
its amazing when your pets know when your ill.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #2

Re: Drs ronnie and reggie

Aww.... I'm glad the boys were looking after you Cathy, they do appear to have a sixth sense, don't they?

Sorry you have been so rough and hope you are well on the mend now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #3

Hey Cathy, sorry you've been poorly! You take care now, don't overdo. Yes, it's amazing how they can sense when we're sick and try to comfort us, if only by being there and purring. Bless them. And (((hugs))) to you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
27-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #4

thats lovely, yes they home in on our feelings so well don't they. Denis would love to spend all ay in bed with me regardless of whether I was ill or not but he even knows when I'm upset and comes for a cuddle its so sweet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #5

Sorry to hear you've been poorly boys mum - hope you are well on the way to being better soon. Very glad the boys kept a good eye on you, cats really are a medicine in themselves, so long as they don't try standing or sitting on the sore bits!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
28-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Aww.... I'm glad the boys were looking after you Cathy, they do appear to have a sixth sense, don't they?

Sorry you have been so rough and hope you are well on the mend now.
Yes, I believe they do..when I was ill with M.E Mitzi changed her habits and was by my side, and took to draping herself over my head when I was sleeping, which was most of the time. She definitely changed. Also we smell different when something is wrong with us, dogs can detect cancer, and I won't go into the story of the cat at a nursing home who predicted when a resident would pass over within 24 hours by sitting on their bed, for comfort? Who knows..but there's something in it.

Glad you're on the mend, take it easy, don't do too much at once, and hope you're feeling A1 soon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
28-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #7

I think they do as well. My cats, a few years ago were always ther whenever I was ill. They would lie beside me in bed, but wouldnt disturb me.

Catsey Veteran

28-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #8

oh reggie has taken to walking over to me, purring loudly then sticking the wet (fishy) nose in my mouth BLUGH or on the end of my nose. just to check im ok i assum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #9

How are you feeling tonight, Cathy?

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How are you feeling tonight, Cathy?
great nowso much better. quite happy that the weight i lost has stayed off got to be 1 good thing come out of this lol
the boys are still trying to sleep with me probally cause its cold in the evening now. but thanks for asking