Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #1

Friday daily........its nearly here

Well good morning all.

As normal I am off to bed have a plan to get into action stations today but for some reason I am not sleepy so hope I can nod off - have been out with Bella and she is full of the joys of spring (I know its not Spring but I am trying to humour her) .

Any how in response to yesterdays daily......

Pamela
that does not sound brilliant. Hope you get a solution of at least a plan towards putting right.

Angie
hope hubby had a good game. And you enjoyed your afternoon out where did you go what did you do????? can you tell I am going stir crazy

P.P sorry to hear about your Aunt glad she is comfortable. You went to see the nutcracker - was it good?

Right off to bed see you all later and I AM planning on putting the tree and decorations up today or tomorrow has anyone else got theirs up yet??????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily........its nearly here

Morning kazz and those to follow.

I hope you manage to get a sleep kazz. We will need to start a Christmas tree thread so we can show our decorated trees off!!

Barney has a vet visit tomorrow for a health check to see there is anything medical causing the issues and a q&a session with the vet for advice on the behaviour issues we are having with him. After that he is off to get groomed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #3

Morning Kazz, Pamela and those to come along later. Hope you sleep well, Kazz.

Pamela - I caught something about Barney and a relative and that you wanted to stop his behaviour before it gets out of hand ..... can I ask what did he do???

Sadly, OH did not enjoy his round of golf yesterday, he said he played badly. Actually, he is probably going down with man flu and is late home with the dogs so I am getting a bit concerned, especially if the little s*ds have run off after deer and he can't get them to come back. He will be grinch x2 when he gets home!

I met my friend at the Pavilion Tea Rooms at Stansted yesterday afternoon for tea and scone and had a good catch up and natter. She's just settling into a new home and is due a knee op next week - sounds like what you had done Kazz.

Hopefully (depending on OH's state when he gets home) we may move my work table into the cats room today and then I can sort myself out in my new working calligraphy area. Need to think of something I can use to lay over my work so that I don't get muddy cat paws all over it! Needs to be light, waterproof but also allow air to circulate so if anyone has any ideas, let me know! Thinking sort of space blanket atm.

Have a good day folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #4

Angie, the other night when OH was at his nanas, his sister used her key to come in. Barney ran out barking as he always does but kirsty thought he was going to go for her and put her bag up, barney apparently took the bag off her and she ran out the front door. OH didn't see what happened. He put barney in the kitchen, told kirsty to come back in and he was ready to let barney back out but he was growling and jumping at the door. He has never been like that with anyone and he has a few weeks ago, growled at 2 girls walking by him 1 night. Obviously its a worry so we want to do what we can to prevent any other instances like it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #5

Hi everyone!

Thoroughly enjoyed the cinema event The Nutcracker from the Royal Opera House, was like being there only better because we had close ups on the action. Now feeling ready for the festivities. Yes, we're all dec'd up Kazz, most of my cards on the way, only wrapping up to do and that's not much this year.

Sorry to hear about Barney, Pamela, I wonder if he has an illness that's changed his personality like that it seems to have come on quite suddenly.

Angie, I don't know how big the work is but a linen tea towel could be an emergency stop gap.

It's bucketing down here at the moment, so will crack on with cleaning after a quick cuppa!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #6

I see Pamela ..... wonder what triggered that? You are wise to get Barney seen and sorted out.

Catsey Veteran

13-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #7

Evening all. Just had a lovely dinner of pork and herb sausages (they were nice but won't go herbs again but you don't know unless you try) and mashed potato with onion gravy really nice.

Catsey Veteran

13-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Morning kazz and those to follow.

I hope you manage to get a sleep kazz. We will need to start a Christmas tree thread so we can show our decorated trees off!!

Barney has a vet visit tomorrow for a health check to see there is anything medical causing the issues and a q&a session with the vet for advice on the behaviour issues we are having with him. After that he is off to get groomed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Angie, the other night when OH was at his nanas, his sister used her key to come in. Barney ran out barking as he always does but kirsty thought he was going to go for her and put her bag up, barney apparently took the bag off her and she ran out the front door. OH didn't see what happened. He put barney in the kitchen, told kirsty to come back in and he was ready to let barney back out but he was growling and jumping at the door. He has never been like that with anyone and he has a few weeks ago, growled at 2 girls walking by him 1 night. Obviously its a worry so we want to do what we can to prevent any other instances like it.
Interesting Pamela not sure what I would do I think its something you need to see happen to gauge the dogs behaviour.
One thing I would say is to call out when entering the house. Weirdly my sister came round the other morning and I had gone out with Bella because the car was in the garage and not in sight she rang my mobile before she went in - as although Bella knows her she does not know her like Sal did and you never know with a dog. I have to say when Di was coming out of the back door (albeit with a black bin bag) as Bella and I were coming back into the garden Bella did growl. But I know it was purely because she did not expect someone to be coming out.

Hope you resolve it, but it may be a reason that he was in rescue in the first place - and now he has his feet under the table - so to speak.

Catsey Veteran

13-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Hi everyone!

Thoroughly enjoyed the cinema event The Nutcracker from the Royal Opera House, was like being there only better because we had close ups on the action. Now feeling ready for the festivities. Yes, we're all dec'd up Kazz, most of my cards on the way, only wrapping up to do and that's not much this year.

Sorry to hear about Barney, Pamela, I wonder if he has an illness that's changed his personality like that it seems to have come on quite suddenly.

Angie, I don't know how big the work is but a linen tea towel could be an emergency stop gap.

It's bucketing down here at the moment, so will crack on with cleaning after a quick cuppa!
The nutcracker sounds brilliant .
Well I am off into the journey towards Christmas land now well and truly.
I am posting cards tomorrow.
And decorations up too really getting into the Christmas spirit now I know what everyone wants

Catsey Veteran

13-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning Kazz, Pamela and those to come along later. Hope you sleep well, Kazz.

Pamela - I caught something about Barney and a relative and that you wanted to stop his behaviour before it gets out of hand ..... can I ask what did he do???

Sadly, OH did not enjoy his round of golf yesterday, he said he played badly. Actually, he is probably going down with man flu and is late home with the dogs so I am getting a bit concerned, especially if the little s*ds have run off after deer and he can't get them to come back. He will be grinch x2 when he gets home!

I met my friend at the Pavilion Tea Rooms at Stansted yesterday afternoon for tea and scone and had a good catch up and natter. She's just settling into a new home and is due a knee op next week - sounds like what you had done Kazz.

Hopefully (depending on OH's state when he gets home) we may move my work table into the cats room today and then I can sort myself out in my new working calligraphy area. Need to think of something I can use to lay over my work so that I don't get muddy cat paws all over it! Needs to be light, waterproof but also allow air to circulate so if anyone has any ideas, let me know! Thinking sort of space blanket atm.

Have a good day folks!
That's a shame about the golf Angie but great news you enjoyed your afternoon out tell your friend to rest.