Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #1

Wet Monday

Morning everyone.

Been awake since 430am this morning as Harris decided to chase Skye at that time which in turn woke barney up who paced the livingroom whining as he wanted us to get up to see him. OH slept through this of course!! Had the 2mile morning walk before work. Not an exciting day today, work then home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #2

Re: Wet Monday

No need for an alarm clock any more, Pearla has learned that at 7am, on the dot, scratching the bedroom door has the same effect! At least it's better that than squabbling cats at 5am!

I missed the quiz last night, if there was one, Ceri spotted a programme on Channel 4 about the terracotta warriors and we watched that as I totally forgot the quiz

Hope you grab a quick nap later Pamela, it will be a long day for you. Only normal food shopping later, waiting for some parcels to arrive so in most of the morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #3

Afternoon Pamela and PP - well, we have had a glorious morning walking with some Schnauzer folk and their dogs at West Wittering. We must have all done something good, as the sun shone on us, there was no wind, the tide was out and we all had fun, especially the dogs, some of whom are rescues with differing levels of trauma. All in all, a brilliant morning. I have some photos to go through and will post some later if they are good enough.

Having a mug of soup and feel rather like a snooze, I can certainly feel one coming on!

There was no quiz in the end last evening PP - only Pamela and I "turned up"! We knew Kazz was working, so it was hit and miss again!

Dora is making a racket, must find out why, she should be fast asleep!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #4

Evening all.
I must apologise about the quiz,I didnt realise we were having one as nothing was organised last week,unless I have missed something.
Busy but enjoyable day Yesterday,christmas shopping with my eldest and his partner and my youngest son
Got lots of jobs done today.
Ive put the first and sadly last christmas card Eileen ever sent me, up on display with the others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #5

Thanks back now and been to sleep going again I a minute as work tomorrow night. All went on this morning the hospital asked if Mom could do a cancelled appointment to have her heart monitor fitted today so my brother(came out of work) and met us there to take Mom round. She keeps having dizzy turns

Everything went fine with the tests Dad clear and now 12 months till next check up YES!!!!!!!!!!!! The Doc said he needed to take statins for cholesterol, my Mom and brother (met us there) had almost agreed Dad kept saying "no" but the Doc was convincing them he needed it. I had parked the car and came in for this and the Doc was saying how good these would be I asked is his cholesterol high the Doc said "No these are for his blood given his AAA side effects are high risk of severe leg cramps and cramps" "I said well he won't have the side effects he does not want the tablets" I swear if Dad would do such a thing he would have pulled his tongue at the Doctor and said "see"
Anyhow on the way back from the Xray my brother had taken Mom round to have a heart monitor fitted - Dad was in a hospital wheelchair due to the distance and the hospital has a slope from xray to main exit and it was free from people and I said to Dad "bye" and gave him a push he didn't half go down at speed he was laughing all the way. We got a round of applause from the patients in the waiting room.

So brother taking Mom back on Wednesday for her swallowing check up and I am back Friday for the heart monitor to be removed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #6

Well done you Kazz ............ why do the doctors push these b****y statins? I've heard so much against them.

Love the wheelchair story weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!